Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dan Schwartz: Passes 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dan Schwartz: Passes 2013

Dan Schwartz

By now I'm sure most of the racing community and extended racing family have heard of Dan's passing this last Sunday doing what he loved most at a race at Salt Springs, CA. Jean has a lot to deal with over the next few days, and I know she would love to speak with everyone, however we need to give her some space to get done what needs to get done. I don't post much here, do more on FB. I will try to keep the racing community informed as things develop over the next days. If you want to talk, PM me on FB and I'll send you my cell #. Thank you all for your kind messages, prayers, and thoughts. Bill

For those of you who don't know, Bill MacKay is Jean MacKay Schwartz's brother.

Bill was quite a Stock Outboard Racer, who stopped racing to to go Go kart racing with is kids. Bill is a Sprint Car owner today.

I can not say anything bad about Dan Schwartz. We raced each other hard in the 1970's, we neverhad hard harsh words. He was a good winner and a good loser.

I bought his Seebold Tunnel hull from him the first of this year. It seems that he and Jeanie had covered a lot of gound since his recovery. Dan survived a terrible accident is SST 120.

The fact that Dan was at a boat race when he passed sahys a lot abut Dan. I guess, thatwhen I go, I'd like to go at a boat race also!

You did a lot for our sport, Dan. Rest in peace knowing we, who knew you, loved you!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-17-2023 at 02:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I met him once the weekend of that terrible accident at Kankakee. He seems like a heck of a good guy. My prayers go out to the family.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The loss of Dan is a great loss to Boat Racing and those that knew him. In addition to being a great competitor for a number of years he also always made it a point to give back to the sport at all levels. My prayers go out to Jean and the family. Dan will be missed but never forgotten.

Thread Information