Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Pepper Association Fund Raiser Auction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry The Lizard??

Maybe, Wayne should check with FedEx as they allow or have a service that shipped some pretty "Exotic" fuels....

More details needed about Larry The Lizard!!!

Anyone know what Harry S. Truman's middle name was?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry bid for hot sauce

i will startout with a $10 doller bid > lets see if this gets on BRF.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron:

For more on "Larry" see post #310 on the Baldy Thread posted on 6-12-2011.

"Larry" did not have a name as such until after his unfortunate accident in my roadside mailbox which I describe in the above listed post. Based on the strange and horrifying death that was his fate, he was named posthumously as I felt he deserved more recognition than if he had just died a natural or accidental death. You could probably consider it a suicide, as he had to be aware of the coming results as he was eating the Chili's, but was just not able to stop himself. Maybe something similar to the occasional "spontaneous combustion" that occurs with humans sometimes, usually while just sitting in a chair in front of the TV or some other method of amusement , only the cause of that type death is really still not known. Larry's favorite pastime while in the mailbox was reading the ads in the various magazines we subscribe to that are placed by the Geico company who use the Gecko in their ads. The reason I know that is what he was doing when he suffered his fate is the page the ad was on was severely scorched.

I am sure when the process was well on its way, Larry wished there had been some way to speed up the process, but because of the lack of traffic on our road, he was not even offered the blessing of being able to slither himself under the wheels of a passing car to hasten the process and spare himself excruciating pain.

There was absolutely no doubt as to what happened to Larry, as the opening in the heavy mailing envelope and then the plastic bag containing the chili's, so some could be removed and consumed, was just large enough for his small body, and the neighbor across the road said they also heard some very high pitched somewhat "squeaky" screams, thought to be for the purpose of calling for water, both to drink and pour over his body. Fortunately I was spared and was not able to hear the sounds made during the death struggles, both because of my hearing and also the much further distance from the mail box to my home (approximately 1000ft.)

As was the case then, the bare spot in the grass still exists where the foliage has refused to take root since that time, almost 2 1/2 years ago now. This surely speaks to the strength and flavor of Waynes chili's. It was just a shame a life had to be lost in the tasting/testing of same.

RIP, Larry.

Post Thanks / Like

Default $12 bucks!

Ron Hill bids $12.00

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill Van...I somehow missed your first post on Larry the Lizard recently, although I am familiar with the incident. However, you were sent the little red bombes in a package, and not that many. I didn't know that the capital of fresh horseradish was full of weaney's. Someday we should combine your horseradish with my chilipetins. It would be like installing a blower and clamping on an afterburner. Whoooeeee!. That combination on a burger would be something to remember.

This stuff we are auctioning off is a very good tasting sauce to be used sparingly. It has to be hot because of the chilipetin pepper base, but I dialed it back with the other ingredients. Just because your head breaks out in sweat remembering that sirloin that my Dad patted down with Jalapeno juice doesn't mean that what I am offering will break you down. My sauce is meant to enhance a meal. If you can't enjoy what you are eating because you are in pain, then you or your host is either screwed up or a jerk. Or maybe in my Dad's case.....just playing with you.

There's still plenty of time to put in a bid, but it would suit me fine if Ron got all three, because he would know what to do with them. Ron's got lots of friends. And I suspect they are a lot like a lot of us boat racers, and he will make the most of enjoying a most unique sauce they will never forget. I'm not in the business of selling the sauce, and it takes a long time to pick these little peppers, so any chance of getting another shot at the taste will most likely fall to Ron. I suppose he will be wanting some more next year and so I will make some for him.

Today I took two jars to my father in laws where some guys were laying down tile. He bought a several dozen hot tamales and we chowed down. The guys lapped it up. They liked the flavor with the bite that didn't kill. (They were careful not to spill any on the newly set tile).

Post Thanks / Like

I got word today from a young friend at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan that the Chilitpetin pepper sauce is a tear in his eye. It's not the hot, but the taste. He found some Doritos to use in the dip. It's not like tortilla chips, or a taco, but he was in ecstasy to have something from home unavailable from anywhere else. The guys around him wondered how he got something like this.

You can donate to Wounded Warriors or one of several fine organizations for Vets. I can send the package to an ASPO address overseas, or to Washington, D.C. And Pete Hegespeth (sp) on Fox News is an outstanding spokesman for veteran's issues and he has an organization I think called "Veteran's for America".

So if you think you can't handle the "heat" of a naturally grown, and organic heater pepper from America, then think about sending a contribution to one of the many fine charitable organizations out there, and vets are the top of my list.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to the post office Monday and get one box to send all three jars to Ron unless a couple of other people put in bids. It will cost me more to send out three separate packages than the one single package to Ron, but if two others want to make a cheap bid ( as long as there's not a minimum on Paypal) each, that's what I'll do. Deadline is up tomorrow. It would actually suit me just fine for Ron to get all three. He knows this type of condiment and can make the best use of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Got My Prizes

Wayne sent me my prizes plus some great pictures I will be posting..
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got everything Ron. The day I said I was going to send them, I opened the package and stuffed some other things in there to keep the hot sauce from rolling around. So the package didn't leave until the next day. It might have gotten a little frostbite on the way, but I would like to know what you and Laura think about the sauce. As I told you on the phone I swapped one jar of the rare Chilipetin sauce for a common picante. That can be made everyday from common ingredients and is not hot. Just adds an excellent flavor. II you want it hot, just add more jalapenos, or serrano peppers (Hotter). It is a simple recipe and much better than PACE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'M Going Let Our Employees "TEST DRIVE" It First

I got the "Care Package" of photos....Posted some on BRF and Facebook. The sauce looks great, but I've decided to let our employees "TEST DRIVE" it first.

I'm thinking we need to have hot sauce contests at boat races and reunions. Some what like Chili Cook offs...I think it would be a really "PLUS" for the races.

Thread Information