Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Pepper Association Fund Raiser Auction

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Going Let Our Employees "TEST DRIVE" It First

I got the "Care Package" of photos....Posted some on BRF and Facebook. The sauce looks great, but I've decided to let our employees "TEST DRIVE" it first.

I'm thinking we need to have hot sauce contests at boat races and reunions. Some what like Chili Cook offs...I think it would be a really "PLUS" for the races.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a good idea Ron.

There's lots of recipes and peppers out there to chose from these days. The trick is not to make it the hottest, but the best one to add to a dish that not only compliments it, but make it better. Anyone who thinks "Hot is better" needs to enter Jalapeno eating contests. Lots of people like hot. But just hot without flavor is like a Doberman wolfing down a whole can of "Dog's Delight" as it flew through the air.

I might be able to set aside some time to put in an entry myself.

oldalkydriver

Hi Wayne. It has been a long time since I first wrote you. At least 6 years or so. After our first writing, I was amused by what we had in common, aside from boat racing! If I remember correctly, I first contacted you with a few questions concerning photography. Then it was about scanning and resizing photo's. We talked a little about computers as that was my line of work at the time.

Then I moved to the Philippines and opened a sports bar so to speak. Well that did go too well, as the town I was in is too small to support that type of business. Then came the problem of my eating. I couldn't eat Filipino type foods. So I started cooking for myself. To make a long story short, it became a big hit. American style burgers made with all imported ingredients. Being from San Diego, I missed 'border food'. Almost like TexMex, but different. I can't buy good sauce over here, so I started making my own. I could probably make a good living off of that alone.

I don't know how I will do it, but maybe I can find a way to send you some. You are right when you say; "hotter is not better." I really love hot, but as I age gracefully I'm finding 'robust flavor' is better. We get lots of chili's in this part of the world. Tomatoes suck, but I have a supply of 'Roma, Plum, and American Beauties.' Lots of different recipe's and techniques out there.

Have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember well our correspondence. In fact, I always read what you post because it is interesting and we do have a lot in common.

I think where you live now has some very hot peppers, but people get accustomed to it. They do here, and everywhere. I eat what people up around New York , Pennsylvania, Illinois, Oregon, etc. would consider hot but it would not take them long to become accustomed to some good pepper spiced sauce. Some of the peppers in the area where you live now would probably mean you had to grow up with those peppers, or take awhile to get adjusted.

I finished picking most of the chilipetins from our several bushes four days ago and froze them until I can make more sauce. When I do, I will get back with you and we can swap recipes, or sauce. It's cheap to send a small package from here anywhere around the world. I don't know if it's the same for you, but if Bill Van Steenwyk doesn't have the NSA convinced it's a hazardous package, it might not cost too much.

Post Thanks / Like

PACE picante sauce went national a few years ago. There was a national advertising campaign about Texans being PO'd about New Yorker's making picante.

It is one of the best off the shelve hot sauces. There are very many good ones, but this one probably has more recognition. I will post the recipe for this sauce later.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the PACE recipe somewhere just before I made the previous post. Unfortunately, I did not copy it or write it down at the time. Supposedly, hot peppers opens up your arteries, speeds up you metabolism, and has some great benefits for your body. Un fortunately, they have no specific memory aspects to get you back to the exact place you thought you remembered something.

Aside from that, I have a report that Chilipetin production at my house is significantly down this year. Drought is back, and Environmentalists dumped hundreds of billions of gallons of water into the bay during the past year and our two main reservoirs are emptied to the point of water rationing. I water my yard through a centrifugal pump with suction in the lake. Water levels dropped so rapidly that I lost suction from my pickup. No explanation as to why they dumped so much water so quickly except on a website the say how much it has helped the ecology of the marine biosphere.

Maybe I will water certain plants to bring them back. They produce through most of the year. I might make another Chilipetin offer later if I can produce enough.

Thread Information