Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Pepper Association Fund Raiser Auction

Post Thanks / Like

Default National Pepper Association Fund Raiser Auction

Master Oil and myself are having an auction for some of Master Oil's Hot Sauce.

When I called Ron tonight, I had just made up a batch of chilipetin pepper hot sauce and thought it would be fun to get something going here on the National Pepper Association thread.

We had a lot of good conversation about what's going on with boat racing, building props, etc. Then Ron liked my idea and told me the only thing really going great in his garden is his peppers. Then he said maybe we could make a challenge. I think that is a great idea, but to start this thing off, this is what I'm offering. I have three four ounce jars of freshly made and canned chilipetin pepper sauce. It is a pepper generally graded around 7thor 8th hottest in the world (although there are a number in the same grouping of heat indexes). It is known by a number of different spellings. Chilipetin, chilipitin, chilipequin, chilepequin, petin and a couple of others I forget.

It is very small, takes awhile to pick enough to make and can a batch, and only grows mostly in southern Texas and Northern Mexico. Therefore, 99.9 percent or maybe greater odds than that will never have an opportunity to taste this truly unique pepper sauce. It is unlike any other sauce you have ever tasted. Hot is hot. I don't make sauce to taste hot. You burn out your taste buds. Why then even eat anything but boiled meat if you can't taste? My sauce will give you a bite, and if you are not used to hot sauce, or start out with too much on a chip, you will be sweating and dipping your tongue in cold milk. But if you use it responsibly, you will find it to be the best tasting hot sauce you ever tried. I like Louisiana Hot Sauce, and it is good.....very good. But this one is different in taste because Louisiana Hot Sauce still uses the standard peppers in their own unique formula. Same thing with Tabasco. Tabasco is one of the best hot sauces with the greatest history ever. But it's still based on the same basic peppers as a base.

Chilipetin's they say have a nutty flavor. I don't know. When I read wine reviews about a particular wine having a nutty flavor with hints of blackberry and a side of spearmint followed by a chocolate finish, I think these food and wine writers are just out to impress one another. I never had any kind of these thoughts when tasting wine, and I don't about the peppers. All I know is that this may be your only chance to taste on of the most delicious hot peppers in a sauce that will only be as hot as you want it to be. You can use a little or a lot. A very little will give you the flavor without the "sucking in air" too help cool down reaction. And it's really not bad because unlike some peppers, it's hotness falls off rapidly. I read somewhere that "petin" in the Nuatal or some indian language refers to quick or fast and means that the heat will soon be gone.

So here's my plan. I will offer three....not one.....but three jars to be auctioned off. The top three bidders will each receive a jar. All you need to do is offer up your bid here on this thread. Ron will set the time limit. The contributions will be made to BRF however Ron says, and when he gives me the go ahead and addresses to ship, I will send them out. I proposed this to Ron and he liked the idea. We may even get a pepper sauce competition going later. Ron said he had a good batch of peppers to use. This sauce was cooked and canned in a hot water bath, so you can set it in your pantry for however long you want before you open it up. After that, keep it in the fridge. It's only chemical hot, so don't worry about your fridge temp.

ADD: I didn't show the vinegar because I only took one picture of that and didn't realize that the autofocus passed through the glass measuring cup and clear vinegar and it was out of focus. In the next to the last picture that is uniodized kosher salt and pepper floating on top.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-25-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When I called Ron tonight, I had just made up a batch of chilipetin pepper hot sauce and thought it would be fun to get something going here on the National Pepper Association thread.

We had a lot of good conversation about what's going on with boat racing, building props, etc. Then Ron liked my idea and told me the only thing really going great in his garden is his peppers. Then he said maybe we could make a challenge. I think that is a great idea, but to start this thing off, this is what I'm offering. I have three four ounce jars of freshly made and canned chilipetin pepper sauce. It is a pepper generally graded around 7thor 8th hottest in the world (although there are a number in the same grouping of heat indexes). It is known by a number of different spellings. Chilipetin, chilipitin, chilipequin, chilepequin, petin and a couple of others I forget.

It is very small, takes awhile to pick enough to make and can a batch, and only grows mostly in southern Texas and Northern Mexico. Therefore, 99.9 percent or maybe greater odds than that will never have an opportunity to taste this truly unique pepper sauce. It is unlike any other sauce you have ever tasted. Hot is hot. I don't make sauce to taste hot. You burn out your taste buds. Why then even eat anything but boiled meat if you can't taste? My sauce will give you a bite, and if you are not used to hot sauce, or start out with too much on a chip, you will be sweating and dipping your tongue in cold milk. But if you use it responsibly, you will find it to be the best tasting hot sauce you ever tried. I like Louisiana Hot Sauce, and it is good.....very good. But this one is different in taste because Louisiana Hot Sauce still uses the standard peppers in their own unique formula. Same thing with Tabasco. Tabasco is one of the best hot sauces with the greatest history ever. But it's still based on the same basic peppers as a base.

Chilipetin's they say have a nutty flavor. I don't know. When I read wine reviews about a particular wine having a nutty flavor with hints of blackberry and a side of spearmint followed by a chocolate finish, I think these food and wine writers are just out to impress one another. I never had any kind of these thoughts when tasting wine, and I don't about the peppers. All I know is that this may be your only chance to taste on of the most delicious hot peppers in a sauce that will only be as hot as you want it to be. You can use a little or a lot. A very little will give you the flavor without the "sucking in air" too help cool down reaction. And it's really not bad because unlike some peppers, it's hotness falls off rapidly. I read somewhere that "petin" in the Nuatal or some indian language refers to quick or fast and means that the heat will soon be gone.

So here's my plan. I will offer three....not one.....but three jars to be auctioned off. The top three bidders will each receive a jar. All you need to do is offer up your bid here on this thread. Ron will set the time limit. The contributions will be made to BRF however Ron says, and when he gives me the go ahead and addresses to ship, I will send them out. I proposed this to Ron and he liked the idea. We may even get a pepper sauce competition going later. Ron said he had a good batch of peppers to use. This sauce was cooked and canned in a hot water bath, so you can set it in your pantry for however long you want before you open it up. After that, keep it in the fridge. It's only chemical hot, so don't worry about your fridge temp.

ADD: I didn't show the vinegar because I only took one picture of that and didn't realize that the autofocus passed through the glass measuring cup and clear vinegar and it was out of focus. In the next to the last picture that is uniodized kosher salt and pepper floating on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the jars to be auctioned.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default WOW! The First Thing We Need To Do Is Have Everyone Sign the Release of Liability

he auctioning of batch of chilipetin pepper hot sauce....The first thing that entered my mind is we'd be "SELLING" some that might kill the average person, and we probably won't require "BIDDERS" to wear "cut suits".

I think we will auction off one jar at a time, kind of like a "TEST CASE" in case someone were to die for this "HOT SAUCE".

I thin the winning bidder will have to sign a "Hold Harmless Agreement". This "Agreement would hold The National pepper Association, BRF, Wayne Baldwin and Th Whole Entire World harmless.

Rules...dam we need rules!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wayne Baldwin's Chilipetin Pepper Hot Sauce Auction's Rules

Rules for Auction for One jar of Wayne Baldwin's Batch of Chilipetin Pepper Hot Sauce.

1. You must have Pay Pal, checking account or access to getting a money order.

2. Decisions and Rule interceptions by the National Pepper Association will be final.

3. Auction will be for 30 days.

4. Winner will need to sign the above mentioned release of liability.

5. Hot Sauce will be shipped per paid once BRF receives the payment in full and the release is signed. If the winner is under 18 years of age, we'll need a parental release.

6. Bids will be posted on BRF and a bid will be considered firm, once posted.

7. Proceeds from this auction will go to.........Haven't figured this one out yet...(Maybe USTS, Red Cross or ????)

8. Top three bidders will get a jar of Wayne Baldwin's
    batch of chilipetin pepper hot sauce.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Do Like Protected Classes!! But This is THE NATIONAL PEPPER ASSOCIATION!!!

OK, as being President of the National Pepper Association that I am, here's the rules:

1. Top three bidders will win a jar of Wayne's (Master Oil) Hot Sauce.
    2. Winning bidders, will send a CHECK or Pay Pal to BRF and indicate the charity of their choice or Group they wish to donate to. Example, you are number thre bidder and you want you check to go to NBRA. You send me a check or Pay Pal me. Wayne sends the sauce...I send a check to NBRA.

Auction ends December 15th, 2013 at 6:00 P.M. California time.

I bid $10 FOR THE HOT SAUCE. LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!

Post Thanks / Like

As Ron said, I pay the shipping so Ron doesn't have to worry about that. He sends me the names of the three winners and I send them from here to anywhere in the world. We have been sending flat rate packages to Afghanistan for over a year, and believe it or not packages of jerky, M&M's etc. gets there intact in only about 10 days. It may take a little longer going that far in the middle of December, but probably not by much. So Jackie Wilson.....get your bid in.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Going To Win Three Jars of Hot Sauce for $10???

No bidders???Or don't you understand you MUST post your bid???

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe people are bypassing this thread thinking it's the election of officers. Or else they have no idea of what the difference is between hot and unique flavor. If you end up with the three jars Ron....you will be caught between wanting to share them, and hiding what's left in the fridge. If there does not seem to be any interest in this thread, it might be time to start one on the Hot sauce side which I should have done in the first place I suppose.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    As Ron said, I pay the shipping so Ron doesn't have to worry about that. He sends me the names of the three winners and I send them from here to anywhere in the world. We have been sending flat rate packages to Afghanistan for over a year, and believe it or not packages of jerky, M&M's etc. gets there intact in only about 10 days. It may take a little longer going that far in the middle of December, but probably not by much. So Jackie Wilson.....get your bid in.

Wayne:

I know you remember the results with my mailbox guest "Larry Lizard", and the horrible death involved when he got into the petins that you sent me a year or so ago. The reason I bring this up is UPS and FED EX have an extra charge that they call a "HAZMAT" fee. It is charged when something that may spontaneously combust or is otherwise hazardous when shipped.

In addition you might have problems getting these product thru customs or similar to TSA officials that we have at airports here in the US to inspect for terrorist activities and stop it before it takes place. I understand they use "Sniffers" that can test from the outside of the package and tell whether there is anything that might cause harm contained in the package.

Remembering what Larry looked like when he got in to the heavy mailing envelope containing the petins, and then the charred spot on the grass by the mailbox where he lay for several days after the terrible event that took his life, makes me think that getting the product to the winner is not going to be as easy as you and Ron think, and could possibly end up with you as the shipper being investigated for the shipment of dangerous goods!

The worst of events sometimes come from the most innocent of endeavors. so watch yourself. Too far to most Federal Pens for me to travel to visit you at my advanced age, and with that "Z" that Debby has now, very little trouble for her to catch another husband.

Thread Information