Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bill Walker 35-P and 17-F

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bill Walker 35-P and 17-F

This year I was going to retire racing at age 73. I do not have time to be frivolous (?) sitting in front of a screen. I just bought another Y102 from a famous racing family (3 racing generation).

I spent time and $ with two children's JH programs; JH Special Event at Safe Harbor Boys Home and Maritime Academy, Jacksonville, FL and BSA Troop 6, Berwick, PA JH program.

I am also member and flag officer of the St. Augustine Yacht Club, sitting on four Committees. One is the Jr. Sailing school for 6-12 year olds. They have numerous boat bumping resulting in minor damage to the 7' fiberglass dinghies. I fix them. I also belong to 5 boat clubs and 8 Historical Societies.

This not does count maintaining my large property including 3 outbuildings /6 garages. Very busy.

I just spent 4 years on the APBA Council and not running again. Bill 35-P 17-F

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite people. He is a giver and is just happy to see gret results from his time. And on top of that, he hauls the mail when he gets out on the race course.
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bill--

You told me you don't get on the internet much but RON was good enough to post your message so ck it out!

Our first trips to your place were fun times working on the trailer, cutting firewood, dinners at the yacht club and waiting for the Jesup race that dried up.

Last year I screwd up our FL trip with my operation and Shirley finished it off with hers. We wrote off 2013!

Bill--You forgot the Antique Boat and Motor Shows on your list of stuff to do.

It's been fun but I know what you mean,

Bruce

We are both doing well and making plans for 2014. Charley said he has a spot for me to park so when we get things sorted out I'll ck back with you.

Thread Information