Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: UIM World Championship Results

Hybrid View

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default UIM World Championship Results

Some of you may have seen a post by Mike Ward regarding UIM World Records and also a request for results from a couple of UIM races in 1992. I've been looking up some UIM results for Mike as well, but I have gone as far as I can with the information I have on several of these events. Mike is hoping to have his project complete right after the first of the year. He started working on it many years ago, but a fire at Belgian headquarters destroyed many records. He has been very patient at staying with this project. Maybe some of you might have some of the missing pieces to help Mike out.

I have all the information on the UIM World Championships for OA, OD and OF held at Phoenix in 1976 except the make of Bill Rucker's and Leif Ahlborg's boats. I think Leif borrowed a boat. I don't remember him shipping one over. Does anyone know what make boat Bill Rucker Sr. is driving?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Help Needed

All these years I thought Bill Rucker was running a Merc deflector, then I spotted this picture. I need to know the manufacturer of this engine. Is it OMC, Crescent ...?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rucker

My Brother and I were just talking about Bill Rucker the other day. We think one of the boats I had was origanaly one of Bills. I buoght it from one of the Beogio's (sp)? at J&G marine in Napa CA. The boat in your photo sure looks like it. I'll dig up a pic of it if I can. Cant remember what make it was.
    DeSilva???

The engine in the photo is an OMC for sure
    Jeff 93-C

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah--I bet you're right

Thanks Jeff. I keep forgetting about DeSilva making hydros. I was looking at the cowling and was thinking Bellcraft, but I don't ever remember Marcel making a picklefork. Looks to me like an OMC too, but I'm not an expert. When we get confirmation on the hydro, I'll submit it to Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not the best view but,

This is the only shot of the boat I could find.
    Still not sure of the make of boat. some one else may be able to help?
    If you look at the front of boat they sure look the same to me, low cockpit sides too. Not sure of the number on the boat in your pic but it looks close though?
    I hope this info helps you and I'm not just clogging up your thread.
    Jeff 93-C

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up A definite help

Looks the same to me too Jeff. Thanks. Even the number is close. Bill Rucker's was C-127. I've got a photo of a DeSilva hydro taken at the OLY Pro Nationals in Winona I'll compare it to.

Thread Information