sure KISS is "Keep it simple, stupid!"

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default more definite answer

Quote Originally Posted by mobil1 View Post
    Hi all,

I run an f4 tunnel with yamaha 70ces,
    Prop is a merc thru hub cleaver.
    What would be the effect if i run an over hub propellor?
    Hi Mobile-1!
    I should have read your question more carefully! I confused all the tech stuff with what you were really trying to find out about. I apologize for that. Anyway, for a definite "two cents" on this, My suggestion is to stay with a thru-hub prop. It is just as good on the thru-hub exhaust type gearcase. There are these types of props produced, of which can be run partially submerged for less drag, that describes what your presently running. I don't know what is allowed on this class of boat, for whichever race organization they are run in. But a nose cone is a good addition if it doesn't already have such a design. There will not be any advantage to a ("above water" exhaust type) prop on your rig unless you have a slim "full race" design gearcase with a "above-water outlet" midsection/tower. If you can switch over to such components as these, legally, only a bit less drag would be the advantage. If this is just a go-fast lake boat for you, Don't just spend on a straight cleaver prop. Go all the way with a midsection and gearcase as well, if such are available for your engine. Make it go just as fast as you can!!

Thread Information