Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Racing prop for 9.9hp-15hp mercury

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Racing prop for 9.9hp-15hp mercury

I know this isn't the prop section but I was wondering if there is racing props like choppers or cleavers available for 9.9-15hp mercurys !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyst67 View Post
    I know this isn't the prop section but I was wondering if there is racing props like choppers or cleavers available for 9.9-15hp mercurys !
    What year and kind of mercs, fishing or race engines with quicki gear case?
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The motor isn't mine so I'm not sure of the year! Around 1990. The prop shaft is 8 spline and the motor is just a fishing motor with stock gear case! It's a project I am gonna do! I am going to do some work to it and build a tiny boat to see if I can get it going good! I would like to get a surface piercing prop!

Post Thanks / Like

Contact Ron Hill moderator of this site, he builds props
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hop up components

Quote Originally Posted by tyst67 View Post
    The motor isn't mine so I'm not sure of the year! Around 1990. The prop shaft is 8 spline and the motor is just a fishing motor with stock gear case! It's a project I am gonna do! I am going to do some work to it and build a tiny boat to see if I can get it going good! I would like to get a surface piercing prop!
    You can look on the APBA website. Look under the apba shop tab then under engines and equipment. There is a modern type Merc-15 available for "J" class. If it is the same style as the merc you are referring to, there should be a conversion kit presently available that consist of a racing foot with shaft and other necessary components to make yours as such in the future, if that is what you might consider later on as well.

Thread Information