Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Augusta Days Duck Boat Race, Augusta, AR

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A good time guaranteed...You're starting to sound like Freddy now haha.

800' sounds good to me. Don't matter how fast you are, just how quick you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    Mods mean anything done to increase the factory rated power above what it was. Porting, intake, exhaust mainly internal work. Going to have a seperate class for the nitrous boats if they show up because it wouldn't be apples to apples running pump gas vs NOS. But that being said the after party at the sandbar will be all out anybody can run anybody all afternoon. Gonna be there all wkd so anybody wanting to pre run will have plenty of room. I took a few pics of the landing and area where we will be racing Attachment 56606Attachment 56607
    we gona show up and we bringing dem nasty bottles wit us that's the only way our stock motors will run.
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    Hank and Mike hope y'all get to make it man. Appreciate all the help y'all gave me on my motor over the past year. I want to see y'all's Borels and Allison roll man YouTube videos just ain't cuttin it I want to see the real deal!
    Is that part of Arkansas dry?We could alway's drink the moonshine we run in our motor's
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HankFrazier View Post
    Is that part of Arkansas dry?We could alway's drink the moonshine we run in our motor's
    The more shine i drink the faster i get. lol
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No our county isn't a dry county there's a liquor store about 1 mile from either boat ramp very convenient ! Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on this race?
    Poor Boy Racing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, The more shine you drink does not help your sand bar dancing, thats for sure!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Same date and only changes I have thought about making is for the turn race, having two sets of buoys so nobody will collide in the turns in a close race like we almost did last year. May run 800' instead of 1000' but we will have it mapped out before too long. Trying to get a few more sponsors and help getting everything setup just right

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We talked it over today. Same rules apply on the hp classes. Only thing we changed is on the stock motor classes, the boat/motor combo has to be in compliance with the Coast Guard hp restriction on the boat. If its a 25 hp max motor boat, and has a 30-40 hp motor, it will be ran in the modified class, since the stock limit has been exceeded. Had a few guys call and ask if they could run "stock" 25 on 12' boats is the reason we changed it. Modified class will be any motor/boat that exceeds limits or has any motor work that alters it from stock hp. Will still be a 30 and under of both classes, and 40 above of both classes up to 60 for stock since no duck boat is rated for more other than excels. 70 hp and above on any duck boat will run in modified class and there will be a visual inspection before entering the race on all boats. A legal waiver will be signed by all racers to release the Augusta Days personnel from any and all legal responsibility for any accidents or injuries or you will automatically be disqualified. You will also be disqualified if you try and enter a race below your class if you breach the rules in any way. The modified race will be any boat that anyone wants to race up to a motor that began life as a 70 and below with any modifications to original hp or hull hp limit. There will be a meeting at 12 noon on May 25 before the race for all drivers to agree on terms and race platform i.e. Turn race, drag race, rules as far as elimination, pot buy in price, and turn race left or right hand turns or a figure 8 w right and left. If a group of guys want to throw in more money to race against a select group, that will also be discussed at meeting. To eliminate the possibility of collisions, there will be two buoys at each end far enough apart to allow each driver ample space to turn in his lane so nobody gets hurt or ran over. This is for fun so anyone that disagrees with or breaks the rules can stay at the house or enjoy the race from the bank. Any questions just feel free to post or PM me.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've talked to several of the LA boys and it sounds like this race will be a great turn out! It's going to be nice to actually get to meet you guys and see y'all's boats run I've been watching videos of the last year or so. If anyone has any question I can be reached at 870-919-1713. Thanks again for any and all participants!

Thread Information