Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Augusta Days Duck Boat Race, Augusta, AR

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Augusta Days Duck Boat Race, Augusta, AR

Race will be May 25,2014 at Augusta, AR on the White River. Gettin this started up early to get as much participation as we can. We have an annual duck boat race during the Augusta Days Festival every year on Memorial Day. Will be a circle, down/back/down race around 1000' buoys, and 1000' drag race. If enough people come and want to bring any other type of boat like a allison or tunnel boat, they are welcome to if a few show up to make a race. Rules are still being ironed out but will post ASAP. There will be a $20 entry fee per boat, and we are trying to get a few boat manufacturers to sponsor the event this year to get a larger prize pot. We aren't making any money off of this and the entry fee gets thrown into the pot for the winners. As of now we are going to have two seperate divisions. One will be Stock/Factory motor 30hp and below, circle and drag race. 30hp and below Modified/unlimited race for modded motors. Then we will have 40hp and up stock/factory race, and 40hp and up Modified/Unlimited race. By modded we mean anything internally or externally changed from factory specs. If you've got a Tohatsu Mega 50 with 25 decals, you're running with the 40 and up race etc etc. We will check under the cowling before the race to make everyone play equal and fair. Want to get some good folks out to have a good time and there are several sandbars up and down the river to party on after the race or before! Message me for any questions and I'll be happy to help. Should be a great time if we can get more participation this year!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-20-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

how close to nashville,ar.
    out front again

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Its East of Searcy about 20 miles on Hwy 64 East. East side of the state. Got a real nice boat ramp and plenty of ground for spectators and parking. Hope to get a buncha people to come up and have a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    Race will be May 25,2014 at Augusta, AR on the White River. Gettin this started up early to get as much participation as we can. We have an annual duck boat race during the Augusta Days Festival every year on Memorial Day. Will be a circle, down/back/down race around 1000' buoys, and 1000' drag race. If enough people come and want to bring any other type of boat like a allison or tunnel boat, they are welcome to if a few show up to make a race. Rules are still being ironed out but will post ASAP. There will be a $20 entry fee per boat, and we are trying to get a few boat manufacturers to sponsor the event this year to get a larger prize pot. We aren't making any money off of this and the entry fee gets thrown into the pot for the winners. As of now we are going to have two seperate divisions. One will be Stock/Factory motor 30hp and below, circle and drag race. 30hp and below Modified/unlimited race for modded motors. Then we will have 40hp and up stock/factory race, and 40hp and up Modified/Unlimited race. By modded we mean anything internally or externally changed from factory specs. If you've got a Tohatsu Mega 50 with 25 decals, you're running with the 40 and up race etc etc. We will check under the cowling before the race to make everyone play equal and fair. Want to get some good folks out to have a good time and there are several sandbars up and down the river to party on after the race or before! Message me for any questions and I'll be happy to help. Should be a great time if we can get more participation this year!
    SRG may show up with our gator I mean duck boat.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HankFrazier View Post
    SRG may show up with our gator I mean duck boat.
    Y'all come on man! Love to have y'all should be a good time and plenty of sandbars to stop at close by. The borel gator boats will be fine ain't much different than a duck boat. If enough guys show up with the Allison boats or the sort, we will have a race for them as well. PM me for any more info

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all come on man! Love to have y'all should be a good time and plenty of sandbars to stop at close by. The borel gator boats will be fine ain't much different than a duck boat. If enough guys show up with the Allison boats or the sort, we will have a race for them as well. PM me for any more info
    man that sounds like a plan,and lot of fun, might have to make this. but yall will have to put me and gan green in the slow boat class.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah y'all are more than welcome to come up the night before and bring campers or whatever and pull up to the house and plug in. Got plenty of room. Ice cold beer/whiskey for supper I imagine! May cook some fish on the sandbar after the race like we did last year. Mike I'm sure y'all will fit in just fine in the modded race y'all will prolly be laughing at us. Gonna be a left turn race down-back-down and then a head to head drag. May have another rally race as well. All up in the air but hopefully we'll get some sponsors from War Eagle, Weldbuilt, Xpress, Waco, and a few more to make it worth y'all's while

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah y'all are more than welcome to come up the night before and bring campers or whatever and pull up to the house and plug in. Got plenty of room. Ice cold beer/whiskey for supper I imagine! May cook some fish on the sandbar after the race like we did last year. Mike I'm sure y'all will fit in just fine in the modded race y'all will prolly be laughing at us. Gonna be a left turn race down-back-down and then a head to head drag. May have another rally race as well. All up in the air but hopefully we'll get some sponsors from War Eagle, Weldbuilt, Xpress, Waco, and a few more to make it worth y'all's while
    Don't know much about that river, hope it don't have any rocks
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't have any rocks. Just around the boat landing. It's about 15-20' deep clear water about 100 yards wide where we'll be having the race

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't have any rocks. Just around the boat landing. It's about 15-20' deep clear water about 100 yards wide where we'll be having the race
    That sounds good. maybe we can come up and run with ya'll
    Let it all Hang out

Thread Information