Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Augusta Days Duck Boat Race, Augusta, AR

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be posting the rest of the rules at the end of duck season we are going to have a sit down and get everything ironed out. Either looking at down-back-down left hand turn race, or a figure 8 down-back-down with left and right turn whichever everyone would like best. Then the straight drag. May have a relay down-back/down-back again. All races will be 1000' marked w buoys. The motor rules are simple, if the motor has been modified in anyway to raise the stock horsepower, you run in one of the modified classes. And for anyone with a Tohatsu Mega unless we can read the serial number, you will run in the 40 class, and if its been modified above like most have, be fair and run with the big boys.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hank and Mike hope y'all get to make it man. Appreciate all the help y'all gave me on my motor over the past year. I want to see y'all's Borels and Allison roll man YouTube videos just ain't cuttin it I want to see the real deal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    Hank and Mike hope y'all get to make it man. Appreciate all the help y'all gave me on my motor over the past year. I want to see y'all's Borels and Allison roll man YouTube videos just ain't cuttin it I want to see the real deal!
    We going to try.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Only a week of duck killing left so we are going to sit down and get this thing set in stone and post rules to a few forums so everybody that's interested will see what we are gonna have going. May try and cook out on the sandbar depending on the river stage at the time which one we go to. Gonna be a good time a lot of people are talking about it so hopefully there will be abuncha boats!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering if they had any crawfish in dat riva to bring the skiff up but a few trapsout me.

Post Thanks / Like

Race will be May 25,2014 at Augusta, AR on the White River. Gettin this started up early to get as much participation as we can. We have an annual duck boat race during the Augusta Days Festival every year on Memorial Day. Will be a circle, down/back/down race around 1000' buoys, and 1000' drag race. If enough people come and want to bring any other type of boat like a allison or tunnel boat, they are welcome to if a few show up to make a race. Rules are still being ironed out but will post ASAP. There will be a $20 entry fee per boat, and we are trying to get a few boat manufacturers to sponsor the event this year to get a larger prize pot. We aren't making any money off of this and the entry fee gets thrown into the pot for the winners. As of now we are going to have two seperate divisions. One will be Stock/Factory motor 30hp and below, circle and drag race. 30hp and below Modified/unlimited race for modded motors. Then we will have 40hp and up stock/factory race, and 40hp and up Modified/Unlimited race. By modded we mean anything internally or externally changed from factory specs. If you've got a Tohatsu Mega 50 with 25 decals, you're running with the 40 and up race etc etc. We will check under the cowling before the race to make everyone play equal and fair. Want to get some good folks out to have a good time and there are several sandbars up and down the river to party on after the race or before! Message me for any questions and I'll be happy to help. Should be a great time if we can get more participation this year!
    the Moss point Miss race has been canceled so SRG is now testing for the AR. race we need to know for sure the length of the drag race.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talked to Hank today and Mike a few days ago. The race is still on and we are going to get all the rules set still been busy with everything else but we have 3 months to go so plenty of time for all that. The river is between 15-75 ft deep and 100-150 yards wide open channel with sandy bottom no rocks besides the ramp. And there's a few crawdads down here but I wouldn't mind getting y'all to bring those good ole LA ones up with ya!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to Hank today and Mike a few days ago. The race is still on and we are going to get all the rules set still been busy with everything else but we have 3 months to go so plenty of time for all that. The river is between 15-75 ft deep and 100-150 yards wide open channel with sandy bottom no rocks besides the ramp. And there's a few crawdads down here but I wouldn't mind getting y'all to bring those good ole LA ones up with ya!!

I was woundering what mod means? Will there be a mod lower unit class ? Because all the serious junkies know the higher is beter. It's just not apples to apples against each other unless the high man gets afaid of heights n chokes up on da throttle !!
    La crawfish I could arange dat me . Ps I would be willin to rent a moded lower unit n lite fly wheel to run n join da fun me .
    O n what about this nitrous injection behind the carb do at the last 200 feet of race do ? How can I get dat me to try when I loose to the veteran junkies . Cause Mais I ain't scared me it just an engin I can't take it with me when I die . Cho.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mods mean anything done to increase the factory rated power above what it was. Porting, intake, exhaust mainly internal work. Going to have a seperate class for the nitrous boats if they show up because it wouldn't be apples to apples running pump gas vs NOS. But that being said the after party at the sandbar will be all out anybody can run anybody all afternoon. Gonna be there all wkd so anybody wanting to pre run will have plenty of room. I took a few pics of the landing and area where we will be racing Attachment 56606Attachment 56607

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And we are currently talking about shortening the race to 800' instead of 1000'. Had several guys say they'd rather have 800' so the race wouldn't drag on as long. But we will have it mapped out before the end of the month so everyone can make plans. There's about 2 acres maybe a little more of viewing area for spectators and folks are also welcome to put their boats in and park on the other side of the river and tie off to the trees and watch. Always been a big turn out and hopefully this year will be even better! If everyone shows up it will e a good time guaranteed!

Thread Information