Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Augusta Days Duck Boat Race, Augusta, AR

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you I haven't spoken to on the phone that may be interested, do y'all have any questions or inquires about the race? Less than a month away now hopefully all goes as planned ! Hope to see everyone there

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few pics of both launches marked on map, and the third picture marks the sand bar we will be hanging out at before and after. The Taylor Bay boat ramp also has camp grounds with electricity and plumbing, and 1/2 mile north of the Augusta boat ramp there are motel rooms available. Attachment 57302Attachment 57303Attachment 57304

Post Thanks / Like

What hotels are close and what city are they in?
    Poor Boy Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    Here are a few pics of both launches marked on map, and the third picture marks the sand bar we will be hanging out at before and after. The Taylor Bay boat ramp also has camp grounds with electricity and plumbing, and 1/2 mile north of the Augusta boat ramp there are motel rooms available. Attachment 57302Attachment 57303Attachment 57304
    What do ya'll require for driver protection, and whats required to pass inspection on the boats.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a life jacket and kill switch lanyard for the dryer. The only boats that will be inspected are the stock class to make sure everyone is playing fair. Modified class it doesn't matter. We won't be racing NOS boats against non for the simple fact that it wouldn't be fair at all, but everything else will be setup at the race as far as how we all agree to run. A few of you have talked to me on the phone feel free to pass my number on to anyone else needing to talk. Hope to see all of y'all there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    Just a life jacket and kill switch lanyard for the dryer. The only boats that will be inspected are the stock class to make sure everyone is playing fair. Modified class it doesn't matter. We won't be racing NOS boats against non for the simple fact that it wouldn't be fair at all, but everything else will be setup at the race as far as how we all agree to run. A few of you have talked to me on the phone feel free to pass my number on to anyone else needing to talk. Hope to see all of y'all there
    thanks
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

So is this going to be a drag race?
    Poor Boy Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Like an idle in gear to 800' drag?
    Poor Boy Racing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going to have two maybe three different races. Turn race down, back, down. Then we will have a drag race. And if anyone wants we can have a relay type race. Doesn't matter to us either way. All races will be idle in gear starts. Will be a horn blown for go. There is a dock that will have several guys with cameras for close races, along with a diver, ambulance, and game wardens to assist in any accidents if they occur. Here is a video from the race last year

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with the Bogalussa boys. I was unaware that some of boats coming can't take off from an idle. So we will make another class for these boats for a 25-30 mph start. If y'all have any more things we need to reiterate on just let me know. 870-919-171three

Thread Information