Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Augusta Days Duck Boat Race, Augusta, AR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    Just got off the phone with the Bogalussa boys. I was unaware that some of boats coming can't take off from an idle. So we will make another class for these boats for a 25-30 mph start. If y'all have any more things we need to reiterate on just let me know. 870-919-171three
    Hunter whats the water level looking like up there.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be high but the race is still on. May not be any big sandbars out for a big gathering but the area where the crowd sits will be out plenty and we will have a crew sit up river catching any debris floating down to keep it safe. The water will be moving a little faster around 2-3 mph current but it's not going to make a dangerous situation at all. Water being higher will also make it a little safer around the bank because you won't be near as likely to hit any logs or anything that may be on the banks

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Me and a few buddies are coming up there Saturday round noon 1st time goin looks like it's gonna be a blast is there any directions to the boat ramp just wondering were it is also is there any restrictions on what prop you can run didn't see anything in the rules

Post Thanks / Like

Will anyone have gps or a radar gun. I'd like to know the winning speeds of each class.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can run any prop you would like. Classes remain the same. Augusta, AR is te location the white river downtown launch will be the race site. Anyone needing specific locations either contact me or look at google maps or any other internet map it is easy to find. Some folks may have GPS in their rigs to see what the fastest boats are running

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I may come out of retirement

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a few folks ask about the classes and race in general I wanted to clear up for everybody. The nitrous race boats won't be racing against duck huntin boats for the prize races. I wouldn't mind running against anyone, it's just gas to to me, but most of y'all that I've talked to in person already knew that there would be seperate races for hunting boats and race boats. The turn race will exclude most if not all the race boats that will most likely only drag race anyway. But these rules are flexible because we are meeting two hrs before the race at the launch to iron out anything that needs be. Everyone regardless of class will get a chance to race This is all for fun so I want it to stay that way. Looking forward to meeting all y'all. Let me know if there are any questions

Post Thanks / Like

Had a few folks ask about the classes and race in general I wanted to clear up for everybody. The nitrous race boats won't be racing against duck huntin boats for the prize races. I wouldn't mind running against anyone, it's just gas to to me, but most of y'all that I've talked to in person already knew that there would be seperate races for hunting boats and race boats. The turn race will exclude most if not all the race boats that will most likely only drag race anyway. But these rules are flexible because we are meeting two hrs before the race at the launch to iron out anything that needs be. Everyone regardless of class will get a chance to race This is all for fun so I want it to stay that way. Looking forward to meeting all y'all. Let me know if there are any questions
    I have a question, I plan on trying to make this race next year, What do y'all consider a "duck boat"? Is there any size limit on the boat, does it have to be camoflauge? Not trying to stir anything up, just seeing if my boat would be considered a race boat or duck boat.
    TARVER Marine and Performance

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I may have to change the rules next year to incorporate every type of boat into classes but what I consider a race boat is a small aluminum, wooden, or fiberglass hull that has only one purpose. Our duck boats are 15-16 ft long for te most part, 350-450 lbs 8 deg V hulls and flat bottoms set up for hunting and fishing. Most have from a 25-40 hp motor with gun boxes and other stuff. Originally a buddy of mine started the duck boat race started out as guys that race to duck holes on the swamp every morning get together and see who is the fastest boat/best driver in the turn race. 2 Hard 180 deg turns at each end of a 1000' course. Race drag hulls are designed for strait lines and on plane takeoff from what I've seen and heard so they wouldn't be racing against a duck boat. ESP guys with ported motors w NOS that wouldn't even be any competition. A few of us have ported motors but 60 mph is about all they'll do on a heavy boat like ours. But it's all for fun I don't care to win or lose. Forgot to add camo is not a must have sme guys like Mike have just the base color boats. Still a 1548 duck boat originally

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to change the rules next year to incorporate every type of boat into classes but what I consider a race boat is a small aluminum, wooden, or fiberglass hull that has only one purpose. Our duck boats are 15-16 ft long for te most part, 350-450 lbs 8 deg V hulls and flat bottoms set up for hunting and fishing. Most have from a 25-40 hp motor with gun boxes and other stuff. Originally a buddy of mine started the duck boat race started out as guys that race to duck holes on the swamp every morning get together and see who is the fastest boat/best driver in the turn race. 2 Hard 180 deg turns at each end of a 1000' course. Race drag hulls are designed for strait lines and on plane takeoff from what I've seen and heard so they wouldn't be racing against a duck boat. ESP guys with ported motors w NOS that wouldn't even be any competition. A few of us have ported motors but 60 mph is about all they'll do on a heavy boat like ours. But it's all for fun I don't care to win or lose. Forgot to add camo is not a must have sme guys like Mike have just the base color boats. Still a 1548 duck boat originally
    Wow, boy it Sounds like the rules are changing everyday now,,, right before the races,, I believe this is just for duck boats only racing, 15-16ft long boats,, O well,, Glad to know this now,because this saves 8hours of driving and lots of money on gas,food and rooms. Good luck with the race.
    Let it all Hang out

Thread Information