As most of you know who raced in the '60's, 70's and 80's Stan Leavendusky Jr, AKA "Butch," was a winner of a number of National (APBA) and World (NOA) Championships in both C Service Hydro and C Racing Runabout. He is also the son of a former C Racing Runabout National Champ (APBA) and builder of many Championship motors in these classes, Stanley Leavendusky Sr. who passed away a decade ago.

Butch has suffered from ill health the last few years, with several heart surgeries, a stroke two years ago, rotator cuff surgery this last spring, and the most recent health problem, an esophageal tumor for which he underwent surgery during the first week of December of 2013. His hospital stay was supposed to be only 7-10 days but due to complications stemming from his previous issues, stretched out to 36 days. He finally arrived back home on Christmas Eve, very thankful to be out of the hospital.

Butch has always been a mostly private person since retiring from Boat Racing, except for attending the two recent DePue Reunions, but having had a long-time friendship with him and knowing him probably as well as anyone, I can tell from several conversations I have had with him since he has returned home that he could use some conversations with friends from the past, just letting him know they are still glad he is with us. I know those that who knew him during his racing days always enjoyed seeing him perform on the race course, always very competitively.

If you would like to wish him well, and help his recovery along, I am sure he would appreciate a phone call from any who wish to do so. I will also put his address at the bottom of this post for those who might wish to send a get well card which I am also sure he would appreciate.

If you do call, do not be surprised if he sounds a little weak and cranky. The weakness comes of course from the hospital stay, the crankyness is genetic from Stan Sr. All who knew Stan Sr. will be able to appreciate that. If you wish to call him, it is best to try before 7:30 in the evening as
he is an early to bed and early to rise type person these days.

Stan Leavendusky Jr.
15500 Dusky Lane
Alexander, Arkansas 72002
501-580-7823

In addition to good wishes to him, I am sure a few prayers for his recovery would not do any harm either.