I started racing in OPC in SST70, at the time, a local class that ran at the nationals, I believe in 98 with a Force outboard on a merc tower and gearcase and go a 2nd behind Forman that year against the modified OMC engines. Later went to a half v-six built by Mike Wienant who got me into tunnel boats with him and his brother Jerry. The boat was built by Sam Hemp and with the force outboard , I used to say it sounded like a big block garbage truck on steroids. The 70 class was a blast to race in and had a lot of fun when I raced. Was hurt seriously in a car wreck which took me out of the drivers seat but kept the boat in competition until the 70 class pettered out with the development of the series races which now dominate opc at this time. I feel that the change damaged opc racing because the little guy could no longer race locally. The Minisota group still has some local classes they race which are a blast to see and are affordable for newcomers to get started in opc. This group puts on a fantastic show for the spectators at their races. Presently I announce races in the Midwest and co-announced the OPC nationals in Kakkakee until it was discontinued this year. We have one more stock,mod and J-class race on Lake Koshconong in Wisconsin. Lakeview Campgrounds( 1901 E. Hwy 59, Milton, Wi. Entry fee is $10.00 a day PerClass/per day. Racing from11.00am until 5.00pm sat and sunday. Live music in the pits Friday and Saturday nites. Check out at bsoa.net Friday set up[ day. Come on out for a great race and lots 0f FUNat Lake Kosh Hydrofest.