This will be the third attempt to get this post up. The previous two have failed because of what Ron described as "New Years Problems". Hopefully those are done with.

As many of you know that either participated or spectated during the last part of the 60's, all the 70's. and a good part of the 80's, Stan Leavendusky Jr, AKA as "Butch" was a front runner in C Service Hydro and Runabout, and C Racing Runabout both in races sanctioned by APBA and NOA. He also won a National Championship in 500CC Runabout (APBA) and several World titles in both C Service Hydro and Runabout (NOA). This was accomplished in equipment with motors built and maintained by his Father, Stan Sr. also a former National Champ in C Racing Runabout albeit using a Johnson PR rather than the 500 Konig Butch ran. He was also instrumental along with myself in promoting many races put on by the Kansas City Speedboat Association.

After retiring from driving Butch pretty much stayed away from the race course, except for attending the 1st and 2nd DePue Reunions where he enjoyed the company of former competitors and friends. In the last 12 years or so his health has suffered somewhat from several Heart surgeries, 2 stokes, a fall last spring resulting in a torn rotator cuff injury and surgery with the long rehab procedure involved with that, and most recently diagnosed with a esophageal tumor for which he underwent surgery the first week in December of 2013. After only a 7-10 day hospital stay forecast, he had a number of problems resulting from complications with the surgery, only recently returning home on Christmas Eve after spending 36 days in the hospital. As you can imagine, he is very weak from this ordeal and also suffering from a disease that also afflicted his Father known as general "Polish Crankiness."

The reason for this post is not to publicize his health problems, but as he is mostly a private person in later life, and also based on my several personal conversations with him since he came home, to let the racing community and friends from the past know what was going on in his life at present. I am sure he would appreciate cards or phone calls from those in the racing community that knew him when he competed on the race course, and encouragement in his battle back to better health. He can be reached at the address below and I have also put his cell number on the post if you wish to call him.

Stanley Leavendusky Jr.
15500 Dusky Lane
Alexander, Ar. 72002 PHONE 1-501-580-7823

Thanks in advance to any who make contact with him. I am sure he would appreciate the thought. Just remember he is very much his Fathers son, so please forgive any crankiness in advance.