Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "Drifting" on MAV-TV

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Drifting" on MAV-TV

I was watching "Drifting" on MAV-TV and trust me, I could not figure out how they were doing whatever. Can someone explain to me what "DRIFTING" is????? Or better yet, how they score it???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand it, either. The judging is 100% subjective, sort of like figure skating or gymnastics. They all do the same thing, and to the untrained eye it all looks the same, but by the miracle of .000001 point somebody wins. It appears the object is to take a relatively cool car and burn up perfectly good tires and then slide it into a wall.....or another car. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seems Like I Use "WELL" Too Much, Well....

Quote Originally Posted by jrich View Post
    I don't really understand it, either. The judging is 100% subjective, sort of like figure skating or gymnastics. They all do the same thing, and to the untrained eye it all looks the same, but by the miracle of .000001 point somebody wins. It appears the object is to take a relatively cool car and burn up perfectly good tires and then slide it into a wall.....or another car. Hope that helps.
    Well, that is what it looked like to me. Kind of like a "LIBERALS" running a boat race. Everyone win unless you are a Tea Party member!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Drifting originated in Japan- scoring is to some degree subjective, like figure skating. the speed at which you complete the course is the non- subjective portion of the competitors score , in 2 car events each car takes a turn leading and "mirroring" the opponents car. the ability of the car "mirroring" the lead car to match the lead cars speed, drift angle and staying as close as possible to the lead car is part of the scoring as well.

Thread Information