Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Merc 59 ci 60 block

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitdundied View Post
    I didn't know Foreman or Hydro Tech worked on them. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yessiirr they both do. Talked to one of em about it today. Got a friend wanting one done those two are about the only ones that I've drove or rode in a boat with their motors on the back. Hydrotec built mine and Kent built several of my buddies motors and they all run good and never had a problem out of any of em. Those 5 degree days these motors fired right up and ran all day long. Can't beat that. You'll want to shave the head, get the crank welded, 70 carbs, tuner work, and port work and a new prop that will hang with it. Good luck man. If you need anything holler at me

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello if anybody needs I have the inspection sheet for this motor email me at leehallenbeck91@gmail.com and I will share them.

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone tried filling the back of the reed block with epoxy,below the reeds where that cavity is?
    if so ,did it make much difference?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

heres a pic of what i'm talkin about.you here so much about the v6 guys stuffing the crank case and whatever they can.
    theres quite a bit of space there you could fill in.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    That's what I was thinking appreciate it it Hank. Y'all gonna bring those gator boats up here in May?
    we looking forward to coming up there and racing ya;ll starting to test this weekend we need to know how long the drag coarse is for sure so we can set our boats up for the correct distance. we don't circle race.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They say it is 1000' buoy to buoy. I don't know if they use a range finder or not, but it is close to that.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We may end up shortening the race up a little to 800' but we are still throwin that idea around. 1000 race just he's the boats up to a high enough speed it almost makes the turns dangerous and we don't want anyone getting hurt. The nitrous boats will have to be ran against other nitrous boats. Won't be fair to anyone running motor alone to race someone with NOS. But there will be an after party at the sandbar afterwards for any of us that want to have race or run the rest of the afternoon ! Gonna be a good time! Duck boats against duck boats and race boats against race boats should make for a good time. And this is not going to be a set in stone race.... Meaning the rules can always be bent if folks just want to run unlimited

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Since this is a thread about the differences in the 59ci mercs, what is the difference in the 40/50 and 60 cranks? Does the 60 have more stroke?

Post Thanks / Like

just different splines to suit the 40/50 box ??

Thread Information