Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Reno National meeting report.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reno National meeting report.

Face booked with my region 6 rep last night of what happened at the meeting hear is what he told me.

SST45 24 volt starting system going to driver vote.
    SST 45 piston proposal. Voted down.
    Proposal to lower a major Minor series boat count . Voted down.
    APR. was put on probation for one year to get boat count up.
    APR. is increasing prize money at most races.
    APR & F1Prop are working together for the Pittsburg race?
    OPC is looking into the cost of event insurance with APBA.
    Each commissioner will write an article for OPC in the Propeller Mag.
    K3 will be a stand alone event. ie. no series points.
    Here is the one I hate to bring up. There is talk, (JUST TALK) about making the F1 Sport motor legal in SST 200. We should know in a week or two on a proposal.
    That's all I know for now.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

Just an opinion - Legalizing the F1 SPORT motor will allow potentially higher boat counts and it is a direct pathway for those drivers to eventually upgrade to a an Optimax engine when their finances allow it. It has worked well for us in this area. It very well could be an alternative to lowering the boat count for series points that has already been voted down. I don't see where it hurts anything and it has the chance of improving boat count right now.

Bob

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

APR on probation?cut your nose off to spite your face

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TXBOATSHOP View Post
    Dave,

Just an opinion - Legalizing the F1 SPORT motor will allow potentially higher boat counts and it is a direct pathway for those drivers to eventually upgrade to a an Optimax engine when their finances allow it. It has worked well for us in this area. It very well could be an alternative to lowering the boat count for series points that has already been voted down. I don't see where it hurts anything and it has the chance of improving boat count right now.

Bob
    Bob. I put on there that I hate to bring this up because this thing will not go away. I understand that the 200 drivers will vote on this proposal if indeed there is one. How ever it was stated at the meeting there were 26 sst 200 wet boats and only 18 sst 120 wet boats. Now first thing we all know this is not true so lets not lie to our selves to make a point. This is STUPID and does not help anything. I do understand by my rep if you ran in a sst200 race you will get a vote if there is a vote. The one part I disagree with you Bob is up grade to a 200 opti. I have raced both and I feel going to a Opti over a F1 sport would be a down grade in performance driver for driver and boat for boat. I do agree that this would give the opportunity for more boats on the water. The bad side of this as I see this is the race directors will go with this made up F2 bull $llit and run them together. What this will do is divide the prize money as it always has and move the 120 boats farther back in the pack. Thus making a sst 120 driver building new motors or simply not going to races that run them together. Which many have done. It does not matter who is wrong or right this is what is happening in my view. I can tell you this and you can take this to the bank I am not going to start over with a F1 sport power head. So if I can compete with my 120 and still have fun then I am fine. If not there goes another 120. My biggest suggestion would be for the race director to grow a set, pick a class and go with it like you do Bob and quit trying to play both sides of the fence with this F2 BS. They are only hurting themselves.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crewman060 View Post
    APR on probation?cut your nose off to spite your face
    Crewman060 not following the rules is cutting your head off. APR has not meet boat count in 1 class or another for the last 4 years. Now there on probation and they are already stepping up there game to get boat count up. Seems to me the rule is working.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again we have a proposed diluting of a popular class already split between motors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave hensel View Post
    My biggest suggestion would be for the race director to grow a set, pick a class and go with it like you do Bob and quit trying to play both sides of the fence with this F2 BS. They are only hurting themselves.
    Dave,

Your entitled to your own opinion about the F2 BULL**** that YOU RACE IN. Your response is the exact kind of response that has hindered and crippled F2 over the past several years. For your knowledge, my SET is big enough to try to make a change and actually make F2 a class that can be sold nationally!! I know darn well this most likely will not pass with the drivers, but hey a few of us tried something to actually help. If F2 guys want to keep things status quo, that is your decision to make which in reality is hurting F2 itself if things remain the same.

Jose
    "Racin Is Livin, Everything Else Is Waitin"

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jose jr21. View Post
    Dave,

Your entitled to your own opinion about the F2 BULL**** that YOU RACE IN. Your response is the exact kind of response that has hindered and crippled F2 over the past several years. For your knowledge, my SET is big enough to try to make a change and actually make F2 a class that can be sold nationally!! I know darn well this most likely will not pass with the drivers, but hey a few of us tried something to actually help. If F2 guys want to keep things status quo, that is your decision to make which in reality is hurting F2 itself if things remain the same.

Jose
    Jose is fired up. There goes my sponsorship for Bay City. lol Jose what comment did I make that has hindered & crippled the sport? My point on F2 is there is no F2 anywhere in my rule book. If you need a slang word of F2 to sell something then by all means go for it. You are the best at selling OPC of anyone we have right now. I have got to say if I was to vote on F1 Sport in SST 200 today I don't know how I would vote. Last I truly feel if you sanction a race, Not just you but anyone Jose and you pick a class be it SST 200 or SST120 you would have a better turn out. I went to Trenton last year SST 200 race. Had a great time. As you know I plan on going to Bay City this year a F2 race (what ever that means) Then I'm going to SST 120 races in Marietta, Portsmouth & Kankakee. So as you can see Bay City is the only race I have no idea who or what I will be racing. I love your passion Jose, But I have passion for this sport also. Ps: You can personally attack me if you like. I love that. lol.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What's this about K3 being a stand alone event? If we eliminate the series awarding points to their drivers I believe this will kill this race. I know this 45 boat won't attend and I can think of a few other that will not attend also. Please go back and re-think this proposal. We have seen a drop off in the number of boats at the National Championships. The Kankakee Boat Club deserves better they have been the host of this race as long as I've been in the sport. There should be an accounting of where the $30,000 in advertised prize money is going. Prize money is paid out a month after the race is completed. We have more officials at this race and it seems to be the most disorganized when it comes to getting the schedule completed in a timely manner. If this is the APBA National Championships what is the organization doing to promote the event? Lets work on making this our showcase event and not allow it to further erode any more than it has already.
    Don Wilson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by f1dreamer9 View Post
    What's this about K3 being a stand alone event? If we eliminate the series awarding points to their drivers I believe this will kill this race. I know this 45 boat won't attend and I can think of a few other that will not attend also. Please go back and re-think this proposal. We have seen a drop off in the number of boats at the National Championships. The Kankakee Boat Club deserves better they have been the host of this race as long as I've been in the sport. There should be an accounting of where the $30,000 in advertised prize money is going. Prize money is paid out a month after the race is completed. We have more officials at this race and it seems to be the most disorganized when it comes to getting the schedule completed in a timely manner. If this is the APBA National Championships what is the organization doing to promote the event? Lets work on making this our showcase event and not allow it to further erode any more than it has already.
    Don Wilson
    Don I am not sure where stand alone came from. I believe there was a miss communication with the information getting relayed. APR is not issuing points for there classes at Kankakee. US F1 will be issuing points for 45 and F2.

Jose
    "Racin Is Livin, Everything Else Is Waitin"

Thread Information