Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Reno National meeting report.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it all depends on what you have or can get reasonably to start with. I think the best and cheapest setup is probably to turn the 2.5 left hand because you really have to start with SST120 dressing to get the right carbs and in the process you end up with the correct flywheel(yellow paint is left and blue paint is right) and starter. I could be wrong but I think the No. IV gearcase housing is machined differently to turn different directions - someone please correct me if I am wrong about that. I also don't know how much of the internal stuff you would have to change inside the gearcase to change direction but that all sound expensive to me.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'd Go Left, Not Politically, But Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by TXBOATSHOP View Post
    I guess it all depends on what you have or can get reasonably to start with. I think the best and cheapest setup is probably to turn the 2.5 left hand because you really have to start with SST120 dressing to get the right carbs and in the process you end up with the correct flywheel(yellow paint is left and blue paint is right) and starter. I could be wrong but I think the No. IV gearcase housing is machined differently to turn different directions - someone please correct me if I am wrong about that. I also don't know how much of the internal stuff you would have to change inside the gearcase to change direction but that all sound expensive to me.

Bob
    Because there is about 20 years of left hand props kicking around, I'd go left. The 200SX Opti Max run left hand props, if I'm not mistaken.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes all (LH props) left out
    I guess finding a starter and flywheel will be easier for sure but there will start to be a supply of the 200sx RH in boxes so just asking the question.
    Saying that there will probably be more LH starters and flywheels coming from COR conversions
    Do you have any Ron?

Whats a new mid/pumps/steering bars and a gearbox cost and the adapter/tuner?
    I coming of the angle that I have a 200 for nothing but need to get it to class spec and I dont have a sst120

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It was released this weekend. Marietta Ohio race for July 12 & 13 and Portsmouth Oh race August 2 & 3. Will race SST 120, SST 60 & Super Sport at both these races.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave hensel View Post
    It was released this weekend. Marietta Ohio race for July 12 & 13 and Portsmouth Oh race August 2 & 3. Will race SST 120, SST 60 & Super Sport at both these races.
    These are the correct dates. I think lol.

Thread Information