Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: John Schubert: 2013 APBA Honor Squadron Inductee

Post Thanks / Like

Default John Schubert: 2013 APBA Honor Squadron Inductee

John was nominated by some "Heavy Hitters", I will post their nomination letters later. As a 1997 Honor Squadron inductee, I was proud to present John Schubert to the APBA members..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f53ai66rmp...JS%20Video.avi

Post Thanks / Like

Default From Dick O'Dea: Re John Schubert

Sounds like you had a good time at the APBA meeting. I am sure John was pleased
    to be elected to The Honor Squadron, he worked hard thru the years racing and to promote the sport. It is 27 years since I sold the shop, and a lot of old friends are
    no longer here. The grapefruit circuit in Florida is gone, spent a few winters running
    4 or 5 weekends in a row in FL and always came home with a little prize money and
    a lot of racing stories to tell. Met Dieter Konig and Dieter Schultz both running in FL.
    and became good friends. The Quincy Welding gang were always tough competition,
    and we spent some time needling each other. John Woods had a trailer like Quincy,
    carried about a dozen engines and a lot of boats. We were racing D alky hydro at
    Lakeland, I blew over in the first heat, John blew over in the second, we ended up
    side by side in the Lakeland Hospital emergency room.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave John a call yesterday to congratulate him. He had sent me a video, but my computer wouldn't let me open it. Maybe that's the same one you just posted Ron. I like looking at stuff like that. I enjoyed reading what Dick O'Dea had to say. I would love to just sit for a few hours at a table and listen to Ron Hill, Dick O'Dea and John Schubert swap stories. That would be something to record.

Allen J. Lang

WAYNE, if you had a meeting with those three, you would probably need a week. A great bunch with many years of stories to tell.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right Al...and that's why I said I would need a recorder. There's no way to keep up with all the stories they would be bouncing back and forth. Wouldn't it be great just to have a bunch of the racing greats to have a big confab where we could all come just to listen to the stories and just gab about those days, funny stories, pictures and what it was all about?

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A fun lunch with John Schubert and other well known boat racers…

at Sailors Return in Stuart, Florida

Click on the link below for full story and many more pictures..

http://svera.se/blogg/a-fun-lunch-wi...n-boat-racers/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Allen J. Lang

Wayne, that is why I attended the racers reunion in 2012. Wished I could have in 2007, but, wife's health prevented the trip. Unfortunately some of the old timers had passed on between reuntions. Did meet up with quite a few old friends I haven't seen since the 70s. Also remet several who remembered me from the 60s. Those were the ones that surprised me after all those years.

Thread Information