Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Defeating 15 % ethanol

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Defeating 15 % ethanol

Listen up folks!

The ONLY way we the people can defeat the 15 % ethanol crap is NOT to buy it! The forces of greed combined with the enviro-whackos are against us, but there still is a way out. To wit:

Cars built before 2012 are not designed for 15 %, and manufacturers have warned that warrantees will not be honored if it is used. That means every gas station MUST also sell the 10 % crap.

So here's the deal: If no one buys 15 %, the tanks at gas stations around the country will be filled with gas they can't sell. It won't be long before the gas station owners (and gas suppliers) are SCREAMING at the SOBs in Washington that stuck us with this crap. And that is how we will get rid of it.

The plan is this: If you have a 2012 or newer car, and can buy 15 %...DON'T!! If your car is on fumes, and there's no other alternative, put in the minimum you need to get to the next station. Then buy 10 %.
    If we all stick together on this, WE will win!

Jeff

PS: Please pass this on to all your intelligent friends

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree Jeff. Thanks for posting.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Let their ethanol gas sit in the tanks and turn to that crap separation. Maybe they will eventually figure out how "great" it is.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dangerous gas

Quote Originally Posted by Fastjeff57 View Post
    Listen up folks!

The ONLY way we the people can defeat the 15 % ethanol crap is NOT to buy it! The forces of greed combined with the enviro-whackos are against us, but there still is a way out. To wit:

Cars built before 2012 are not designed for 15 %, and manufacturers have warned that warrantees will not be honored if it is used. That means every gas station MUST also sell the 10 % crap.

So here's the deal: If no one buys 15 %, the tanks at gas stations around the country will be filled with gas they can't sell. It won't be long before the gas station owners (and gas suppliers) are SCREAMING at the SOBs in Washington that stuck us with this crap. And that is how we will get rid of it.

The plan is this: If you have a 2012 or newer car, and can buy 15 %...DON'T!! If your car is on fumes, and there's no other alternative, put in the minimum you need to get to the next station. Then buy 10 %.
    If we all stick together on this, WE will win!

Jeff

PS: Please pass this on to all your intelligent friends
    This ethanol stuff is outright dangerous. Everybody cannot afford new cars to handle this crap!!! It deteriorates fuel systems that can spring a leak and catch fire! I drive a 1969 chevy CST-10 short fleetside. It has a 396 4bbl/dual exaust with four speed. It took me years to fix it up. I had to put a fuel regulator on it. One day, I was driving home and I smelled gas. I pulled into a theater lot and discovered that the ethanol ate up the seals in the component and it was pouring gas. luckily, I was able to fix it and save my truck and probably myself as well.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you and your truck are okay. Had a similar problem with one of my kit cars, whose brand new fuel hoses disintegrated over the winter; when I fired her up, gas was leaking everywhere!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

No comment, other than that you all should read this:

http://www.goldeagle.com/UserFiles/f...ed_Gasline.pdf

(Gold Eagle owns the Sta-Bil product line)

David_L6

Don't just skip buying 15%, try to buy pure gas. I go out of my way to buy gas without ethanol. There are only two stations in Shreveport that have gas without ethanol and neither of them are close to anywhere I normally go. I have to pay more for pure gas but I get slightly better mileage with it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good man!

Jeff

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know in Louisiana pure gas is available. But in northern Illinois we don't have an option you either run that crap or stay home. Believe me I was spoiled down south no worries about leaving gas in tank . I can't do that up there You gotta run seperators and stabil in everything boat related or you will spend a lot of $ and time fixing stuff. Phase separation sucks !

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i read most of smitty's attachment. a lot of technical jargon and such. but to get to the bottom line, is this what it is saying? ethanol does not cause any measurable harm. we are mostly at the mercy of the other additives blended in to combat the weather or other outside circumstances. someone with the facts please shed some light on this.

Thread Information