Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: motor, lower unit, and composites suggestions

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default motor, lower unit, and composites suggestions

I have been looking for a boat with a bottom similar to the Allison or critchfield to convert over to a bay/flats boat. I found a 1979 15' hydra sport bass boat the other day with a pad. The boat needs a new transom and stringers also im planning on changing the top deck some what to use a center console. What are some good composite brands to use for the transom stringers and flooring? I have a omc 75 short shaft with the "nitro gear case and weisco pistons along with hustler exhaust. My concern with the engine is with the boat being not as light as a race boat would the nitro case be a good decision for this boat? and am i losing/gaining anything from the hustler exhaust? my goal with this boat is to be a good fishing boat but also look good and be somewhat fast.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

this project is coming along slowly but here are a few updated pics of what I have done so far.

Attachment 60575
    Attachment 60576
    Attachment 60576
    Attachment 60576
    Likes filthy phill liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to get anything to stick to the existing polyester you are going to have to use epoxy.

I've had very good luck with Raka resins. They have different viscosity resins depending on what you are doing and their prices are very good. Can't ask for more than that.

Thread Information