Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking at SST45

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking at SST45

Can someone tell me more about this class? I am from Northern California so if I can be directed to someone in my area it would be great. Just considering it at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chad Hill "Crazy Horse"

Chad race 45 and drives a Grand Prix...Grand Prix are built in Northern Cal and I hear they are back into production..

We have many parts for sale and loan, , join us....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron. I met you over the weekend at Parker. I was driving the 124 boat. It was a dark blue 21' outboard in Div. 4. Anyway What are your thoughts on the class? What do you think is an average price of a competitive boat?
    Thanks, Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Default $5,000 for Turn Key Equipment...

There are some $5,000 turn key rigs around that ain't too bad. Keep in mind that 200 pounds is about as heavy as you can be, but the overall is 700, boat, motor and driver.....

No one believes us, but Chad has raced a powerhead we bought on E-Bay for $210...all we put was new pistons...and we'ver been running well..

If you are in the 165 range, which I can't recall your weight...SPencer Love of Clover Construction has two DAMN good rigs for sale...(Around 10,000)..Ross (Ross the boss from Parker) runs the Western Formula Lights Series...about 8-10 races a years...

In NorCal, Joe Johnson will help you and I'm sure, that Scott Ecomony, the West Brothers Old Man Wilson and the rest of the NorCal group would be more than willing to help you get started.

You can depend of Dewald to sell you good props, Pop Curtis builds good motors as does Mike Weinandt and Joey Harper...

We pay about $250 for entry fees and race about 50 laps a race weekend... Pump gas, about ten gallons...The biggest investment is TIME!!!

45 really is family, friends and fun...much like Parker was last weekend...

Great boat, that 124, (Fire or no fire) (Hey tell us about your fire in the #124...) my friend has one on order...I think..

There are two Belgium boat companies, right???

ADD: 45 Series in more intense than Parker and Ski Racing...But with the capsules, if feel they are safer....

Post Thanks / Like

Default yep.........

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    Chad race 45 and drives a Grand Prix...Grand Prix are built in Northern Cal and I hear they are back into production..

We have many parts for sale and loan, , join us....
    we (me and the Williams's) stopped by Bruce's place in Rocklin, Ca on Friday morning on the way up to Oroville, to have a couple minor repairs done to Jason's Gran Prix and Bruce said he is going to build a new 45 for this coming season and is "supposed" be a little cheaper than a new Revolution and have a different bottom design.
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. Does anyone have any pics of there 45's? I would like to see the cockpits, engine and lower unit, Do the drivers have air? I believe that they are strapped in? What about radio communication?Does everyone use pump gas? Well is everyone supposed to use pump gas? I am sure this varies quite abit but what do people bring to the races? Boat and gas? Spare motor? Spare boat? Are these boats typically on towable trailers or are they on dolly trailers inside an enclosed trailer? How wide are the boats? What about total length? These questions just come to me every now and then so I may have more in the near future.
    Thanks for any help.
    Jason
    Last edited by Boat211; 10-24-2005 at 02:47 PM.

rossdbos

Default Jason, Call me when you get a moment

Jason,
    Give me a call when you get a moment. Also please visit www.sst45.com (the official website of the Western Formula Light Series). Plenty of boats for sale and the competition is second to none at a fair price. We averaged 14 boat at each of our 7 tour stops last year ( Parker, Bakersfield, Long Beach, Chowchilla, San Diego), T.V. and some prize money plus it is a Nationally recognized Series within APBA! Great times, great friends and great competition is what makes the W.F.L.S. a great Series looking for it's 6th consecutive year in 2006!
    I can answer just about any questions you have and can direct you any way you wish to go.
    Daytime (562) 633-6200
    Eves: (310) 372-7427
    email: rossdbos26@yahoo.com
    If you liked the Enduro, you'll love the WFLS!
    Ross

Thread Information