John,
    Do you know who I'm talking about?

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    John,
    Do you know who I'm talking about?
    Without a doubt!!!Claims he worked for Chris & has the fastest 20h ever that with 1:1 gears can pull a 13 p prop.Funny though although I can picture his face I can't recall his name to post his initials. Wrote slander about me when I ran for VP AOMCI which was quickly taken down. Just remembered his last name the same as the former NASCAR driver they call the King.

Post Thanks / Like

MP???? Fastest sob in FL.....
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure this is not that fella.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default AL Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by smittythewelder View Post
    Pretty sure this is not that fella.
    Smith, I believe this is him. He is also the same guy who took over Charlie Williams Classic Outboard site by default as Charlie couldn't bothered with all the bull

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

John/Gene/Charley:

Is the person you all are talking about the same guy that had all the Anzani info (photos,history) on BRF several years ago and the took it down in a snit because of perceived problems with either Ron or Sam or both?

Post Thanks / Like

No, Bill, that was John Taylor. This poster on hydroracer says his name is Daniel King. His manner and style seem different than either Taylor or "Hurricane Mike".

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smittythewelder View Post
    No, Bill, that was John Taylor. This poster on hydroracer says his name is Daniel King. His manner and style seem different than either Taylor or "Hurricane Mike".

Thanks Smitty, I remember the name now that you have jogged my cells.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Refering to smittythewelder post about plastic outboard by monogram-I had one and a lindburg plastic hydro called the flash. I was based on Bud Wiget's Neal hydro but motor shown on the cover was a Allyn Sea Ray not the johnson of Wiget's. I put the K&B Allyn torpedo fury on it and had a ball at the Manteno,Il. races when I was a kid growing up. Also had the Sea Fury twin that I [put on a Van Pelt kit-actual shrunken plans of the rea big boats. I was maybe 13or14 at the time. Don't have them anymore and can't recall what happened to them. The Japanese made a sea horse .15 back then on a mark 55 looking lower unit.. I have a five foot gas powered Fountain powered by a modified Fuji airplane engine ,the maker of the .15 outboard mentioned. At my age now Im having a ball announcing boat races, helping my nephew with his DSH and gaining a strong interest in the antique group with Gibby Gibson and Jack Campbell here in the midwest. This is the first time I have posted on the internet and want to give a shout out to jerry wiendant, who took me under wing when I got into racing in DSH and the tunnel boats with his brother Mike. Also have been doing some boat racing paintings for some of the midwest racers. Had the Fountain out last part of 13 and hit over 70MPH breaking it in, Motor is just over a cubic inch. George young

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You joined awhile back George. Glad you finally posted. You got some stories to tell I can see, so don't stop now. We look forward to you chiming in on stock outboard, OPC or whatever you want to.

Thread Information