Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jerry Simison Boat Racing Legend

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of forgot where I was when I was posting this stuff. I got carried away by what Steve had said and forgot about the Jerry Simison thread. Please no one follow this thought about the motorcycle motors. Let's continue on with Jerry Simison. It was very interesting what Steve said, so maybe we can move the conversation somewhere else. My fault, but I want to continue on with stuff about Jerry Simison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Not much of a story, Wayne, but the hat Walt has on was bought on the way to a race. He was riding with me to a race, maybe Alex, and realized he had forgotten a hat, so we stopped at a store for him to buy one.
    Bill Hosler ended up with it and attached it to a door on my van along with a picture of him asleep in a chair. Bill still has it.
    No, he doesn't, Ralph.......the picture is hanging up in my shop and the hat is right below it.............
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    more Jerry. Who can name the people looking at the strange engine, and what's the engine? Employees of the motor builder are not eligible.
    Walt, Joe, Dick, and Jerry...............working on your boat. I think I was involved with putting that engine together, (or as involved as Walt would let me). I remember when Baldy sent the pieces parts to Walt's shop............he told me "Whatever you do........don't look in this box"...............guess what.............he marked to bottom of the box and the stool it was sitting on............BUSTED!
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'd Like A Copy of G-86 "Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I had thought there was a thread for Jerry Simison, but I have not been able to find one other than a couple regarding his last days. Today he will be laid to rest. He was loved by those who knew him. For those who didn't this thread will be about who he was.
    Wayne do you have the top picture here and is it color? Did I see this as a poster, or did I imagine that. I love that picture, only a few runabout drivers ever knew the feeling that Jerry had in this picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, all of the pictures except the ones from magazine spreads posted so far are mine. Most of them have never been seen by anyone until Gene East gave me Jerry's son Todd's email. I sent them to him prior to the funeral. Then I started this thread to post them for others to see. It's black and white. Most of mine are. When I was shooting for Motorsport, and then doing freelance stuff for Powerboat and later a contributing editor, it was mostly black & white. A little while later Powerboat and Powerboat & Waterskiing did a lot of color, but I was done by then.

You like that pic....it's yours! I had a series I had planned to send you anyway, and just by luck today was the day I got my good photo printer working again....bought lots of photo paper and an extra pak of ink, besides the one I bought two months ago. Working on photos for Ralph DeSilva. That picture you like will also go to Ralph so I'll make two while I'm at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Got your photo printed Ron. Have to wait in line for the others though because Ralph DeSilva told Joe Rome to tell me he couldn't wait another twenty years for the photos I promised.

Thread Information