Thread: 12ft Tunnel Build

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try an Over hub clever, 1119 , 3 blade next. My boat seems to like the over hub more than the through hub. If the dimater is too big, then i can always trim it down.
    The race never stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Over The Hubs Propellers Work Well, If the Rules Allow Them.

ronhill@hillmarine .com is my email...Send me your address.
    Likes ice_spy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Competed in the 2019 U.H.P.B.C. Double Dash with my boat.
    It performed well with some decent bow wake to cross mid corners, with wind gusts made it a very interesting drive. My speed class entered was the 60mph class, while i maxed the boat out via tuning to 57mph the fresh water slowed me down 56mph max. Just not quick enough to gain a trophy, however my first time appearance, first race ever , never driven the river and driving a new boat that has never been raced, i think placing 4th wasn't too bad considering the top 3 were 21ft 225hp !!!

ttps://youtu.be/-X0jVl2XHiw
    The race never stops
    Thanks Ron Hill, ClayT thanked for this post
    Likes MadProps, ClayT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say fourth is a great result!

12fttunnel.png

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks Like A Nice Place to Race

FREE PROP WENT OUT TODAY: 10 1/2 X 19 three blade cleaver with a 116 Tohatsu hub kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes sharpeye Mike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ecstatic with this new prop thanks Ron, bad weather here has put test and tune days further away, however will be reporting back soon with a new jet combo and see how this little beast of prop is going to perform. looks faster than my TH clever just by looking at it. lol
    The race never stops

Post Thanks / Like

Today i solved the problem of the motor cutting out at WOT top end. I put a new battery in it.
    First test with the RH 19px 10.5 over hub clever i reached 65.4mph or 105kph. This is with rich carbs, detuned timing and a few other little things i was playing with trying to find the problem. revs were 6900rpm. I believe i will spin this prop to 7k no problem once this fine tuning is done. Maybe more.
    The prop has great acceleration, not much slip and turns smooth. It also has a lot of bow and stern lift. A great little prop that im looking forward to testing further with. Thanks Ron, your props are awesome straight out of the box. Do you ballance them from factory ? I was thinking to thin it slightly and check balancing, but if its already ballanced i wont bother. cheers.
    The race never stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ron and Chad Hill Make Signature Propellers, Own Hill Marine

We are the factory, we made 7,000 propellers last year.

I have never been a fan of thin propellers, because a thin prop will "Lay Back" or "Toss an Ear". I used to know how thick I could make a prop, or they would break. I had a "BOOK" for each class. A lot of work to make a good prop, thinning a prop was always my last resort.

I've won lots of races with thick props. I have also won many a race when the prop blades aren't the same.

I won the 1970, D Runabout Nationals with a prop that was 9 pitch on one blade and 13 on the other.

It vibrated a bit, but it was in balance.

My dad most the prop pounding when I races, on two bladers, he called it "Sitting" one a head of the other. Mad the prop shift coming off the turns.

My dad used to balance everything! He'd rub lipstick on my props and have me make a run. Then, he'd hammer on my prop. He used to call it "Spooning" a prop.

Later, when everyone called it a "CUP", so did my dad. But in 1949, my dad "Spooned" props for my brother to win the A Hydro Hearst Regatta!
    Likes hydrospeed77 liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My humble opinion. Bit of advise -- NEVER, I mean NEVER tell a prop god how to improve one of his propellers!! I made the mistake of doing this to Don Henrich, once and only once, he would'nt speak to me for a year. No kidding. Hi Ron.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1970 Beloit Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by NERSTROM View Post
    My humble opinion. Bit of advise -- NEVER, I mean NEVER tell a prop god how to improve one of his propellers!! I made the mistake of doing this to Don Henrich, once and only once, he would'nt speak to me for a year. No kidding. Hi Ron.
    I had won the Nationals and on Monday I went to Waukegan to pick up the twin engine Jones I was to race at the ELSINORE 500.

I had brought my boat on the roof of my station wagon, brough 5 gallons of gas, and two props. My good "Hill" and my number 2, was a Grandpa Seebold.

When I got to the plant, I think Don Henrich's shop was where the boats were stored. I ask Don to measure my props. I gave him the Seebold first. He said that was a pretty good prop, about 11 1/2 pitch.

Then I gave him the prop I had won the Nationals with. Don said, "Wow this thing is way off, one blade is a 9 and the other is a 13. I could fix this one." I said you get near that prop with a hammer you will be a dead man, as that is the prop I won with, yesterday!

I learned a long time ago no to get made at people who had my props. I had the money in my pocket. If they had ideas, they could work on them.

Thread Information