Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: Ketzer Racing Team

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas, y'all, from what's left of the Ketzer Racing Team! Here's wishing everyone good times, good health, and good fortune in 2017!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And the same to you Stevie!!

Bill & Eileen

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed this thread at the time Steve. so a belated Merry Christmas. I wanted to tell you that I finished reading the book you sent me about Darby's Rangers just about Christmas. I had gotten most of the way through it, and enjoyed reading the part about your Dad, but got tied up with other things. I wanted to finish it before the end of the year. I know there have been movies made about all the exploits of the rangers, but I wasn't sure if one was ever made explicitly about Darby. What a story about the guy that started the rangers. The sad part I didn't know until the end of the book was that after all he had done and gone through was that he was killed by shrapnel only a few days before VE.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

...but these days, the only boating thrills I get is when friends or relatives come to visit here in the swamp. For some local thrills (after the Mermaid show down in Weeki Wachee), I take them fifteen minutes up the road to Dunnellon for an airboat ride with Bad Bob at the Blue Gator, who is one balls-out, crazy driver. I asked him if there were airboat races, but he said he didn't know. Sometimes, I can hear airboats from my house. New folks moving to the community from up north complain about the noise. I tell them, "What noise? Sounds like Florida to me."
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pic #4.... Marshall and Dan Kirts having
    a chat sitting on the wall beside
    the launching ramp.
    Likes Ketzer liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good eyes. I had to zoom in to see them, and then noted my son, Eric, sitting atop our Ketzer trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff is well known to have the sharpest eagle eyes out there. But Heck...I can't even find the picture Ya'll are talking about.

What about this hurricane Steve? Are ya'll make it OK?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The picture is on page one of the thread, Wayne, under your post, and is actually one of your pictures. (If it had been one of my pictures, it wouldn't have been clear enough to zoom in on.) As for Hurricane Ian, being in the Citrus County swamp north of Tampa, we got lucky and only had a few inches of rain and blustery winds, nothing worse than a strong thunderstorm passing over. Boy, they sure got hammered from Tampa south, though.

Post Thanks / Like

You were lucky it turned in when it did instead of where they thought it was going in. I called Paul Christner yesterday, but he texted me he couldn't talk because he had to save power on his cell phone. So I guessed it would be a good idea to leave all you guys alone until the worst was over. Joe just called me with word that Charley Bradley made it through with no problems.

I did find the pic. Those were some good old days. Dan raced a D Konig for Marshall at that race that I now have in my boat racing room.

Thread Information