Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who knows this World Champion boat?

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who knows this World Champion boat?

http://www.powerboatracing.de/eng/sonst/

On the link above you see my boat. Somebody told me, that this is the Formula ON (F2) winning boat from 1982-1984 from german driver Michael Werner. I need some more information, race results, what engine, old photos aso. Who can help me?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by turbine; 10-17-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The driver would probably be Michael Werner..........

Try also the www.f2boat.com site as I think he is a member or has contacts there.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be Michael Werner too.

The website above belongs to Frode Sunsdal. He still does projects with Michael Werner ( http://212.125.209.209/kunder/f2boat...kel.asp?id=477 ) , so he'd be able to answer your questions:
    frode@f1boat.no

You might just find a picture of your boat on the wall here:
    http://212.125.209.209/kunder/f2boat...kel.asp?id=356

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree that it's most likely Michael Werner

That's the only German boat racer I know named Michael.

Post Thanks / Like

This boat certainly never won the F2 world title during those dates. Michael Werner used Seebold hulls to win championships in 1982 and 1983 with John Hill taking the title in 1984 and 1985.

This is the boat that won in 1983

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be an OE boat from that era?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbine
    http://www.powerboatracing.de/eng/sonst/

On the link above you see my boat. Somebody told me, that this is the Formula ON (F2) winning boat from 1982-1984 from german driver Michael Werner. I need some more information, race results, what engine, old photos aso. Who can help me?
    I am certain this is a ON class boat, no wonder the resultlist makes confusion,
    Fonda stood for FOrmulaONDriversAssociation, Grand Prix was as series, still the class was UIM ON, maximum two litres engines. Good idea to cnct Frode Sundsdal as he works with Mikael Werner.
    Nice boat that is for sure, what kind of plans to you have for the boat ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lyder von Tangen
    I am certain this is a ON class boat, no wonder the resultlist makes confusion,
    Fonda stood for FOrmulaONDriversAssociation, Grand Prix was as series, still the class was UIM ON, maximum two litres engines. Good idea to cnct Frode Sundsdal as he works with Mikael Werner.
    Sorry was most likely wrong abt. the class, original picture makes the boat look much longer than the measuremnts given for OE class, anyway glad the the boat was finally identifyed !!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry What will happen with the vintage race boat

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lyder von Tangen
    I try to rebuild the boat back to the water where it belongs. But it is only a naked body, everthing is missing (gastank, engine, steering system aso.) Only a hand full of this OE boats a built from Roberto Molinari Italy and I found out, that it is nearly unpossible to get any spareparts. I give up the idea to make it original "vintage" and started hunting old and new parts at ebay and shops to make the boat ready for register at normal water boat, with a waterstreet legal stock engine w/o racing noise. There is no race class in Europe where you can still use this boat, but I try to drive it full legal at river Rhine in Germany at high speed. There are some collectors in the US and vintage clubs, if anybody wants to buy it, no problem. But to ship this boat to the US will be very very expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbine
    I try to rebuild the boat back to the water where it belongs. But it is only a naked body, everthing is missing (gastank, engine, steering system aso.) Only a hand full of this OE boats a built from Roberto Molinari Italy and I found out, that it is nearly unpossible to get any spareparts. I give up the idea to make it original "vintage" and started hunting old and new parts at ebay and shops to make the boat ready for register at normal water boat, with a waterstreet legal stock engine w/o racing noise. There is no race class in Europe where you can still use this boat, but I try to drive it full legal at river Rhine in Germany at high speed. There are some collectors in the US and vintage clubs, if anybody wants to buy it, no problem. But to ship this boat to the US will be very very expensive.
    Hi Willi !
    I know it is hard to get the parts and the original engine, however it would be a pity to put on the std. rig as this most likely will mess with the performance/handling of the boat. I know they are racing vintage boats in Sweden (30years and older) so so far this boat is too "new" at the moment. If you consider selling what will you ask for it ?
    brgrds
    Lyder

Thread Information