Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Ishii family

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Ishii family

I've been going through some contact sheets and printing pictures for a certain source and scanned this particular picture of Alan Ishii. I did not have a special brush to clean the negative before I scanned it and it had too many dust spots to print, but I saved it. I just spent fifteen minutes doctoring the spots through the photo program and decided to start a thread on the Ishii family. I never met Alan's Dad, although I have seen a picture of him somewhere. Alan is a good friend and I have lots of photos and stories. I am hoping to lure Denny Henderson and Craig Lawrence out to share some of their stories, and I know Joe Rome will have some to share. Alan Davis does not post, but maybe he will about Alan Ishii.

Ron Hill knew Alan's Dad, and I'm sure he will have lots to add, and I hope photos. This is also a place to bring up Doc Collins and pit man Tom Baldwin. My Dad, Doc, and Tom had some fun times talking, but I don't have many pictures of Doc, and none of Tom (who had a very interesting history outside of boat racing). I hope we have many to share stories, photos and the like about the Ishii family of boat racers.

Surprise Alan! Step up to the plate and post some pictures and stories.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to remember when I first met Alan. It could have been in DePue. I know we pitted just to the left side of Doc Collins around 1970 and through the days got very acquainted with them although we first met Doc when he came to Baldy's house in 1968.

Maybe Alan can remember when we first met. Sometimes you see names on the roster at the drivers's meetings and know who they are and have raced against them, but had not yet met one another. All I know for sure is that Alan was a very friendly guy and that my Dad, Alan and I liked each other from the start. Alan was one of two honorary Texans who came to race in many of our big races. The other was Johnny Dortch.

Thread Information