Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sorensen long haul center fin

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Few pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Your pics do not open, a message comes up that they are invalid.
    Tell us what pitch, rpm and speed these props are giving.
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiny tach wont work anymore, its stuck to 1850.. so I dont know rpm.
    First 2 blade: 6 5/8, 12-14 1/2, second 6 1/2 12-13 5/8, both cupped thats why pitch range.
    Speed was only 50-55 mph max. They were slipping and spraying water too much..

With dewald max speed was 58 mph, rpm 5800. I didnt dare to drive faster because it was porpoising so much

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cleavers

Quote Originally Posted by Jippe View Post
    Tiny tach wont work anymore, its stuck to 1850.. so I dont know rpm.
    First 2 blade: 6 5/8, 12-14 1/2, second 6 1/2 12-13 5/8, both cupped thats why pitch range.
    Speed was only 50-55 mph max. They were slipping and spraying water too much..

With dewald max speed was 58 mph, rpm 5800. I didnt dare to drive faster because it was porpoising so much
    You mentioned that you were going to test a Hill cleaver 11" pitch... I have seen the Ron Hill cleavers for Yamato engines. I honestly thought that they look a bit heavy for their size, but that's just me. The kind I'm referring to are the "three blade" with the large solid hub, if that is what you have...

I sure would like to know how it stacks up though against the Dewald if the pitch is about the same. Those Dewalds are nice looking well designed props! I cant wait to read if the Hill cleaver really does the trick!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you pressed the reset button on the Tiny tach? I have had a freeze on my Tiny tach and a reset fixed it. When they freeze up I suspect the tach is not receiving a clean signal. I have this issue with my point style Y80 but not the 25ss with CD ignition. Maybe the battery is dead in your tiny tach, if it resets the battery is ok? Sometimes you have to press and hold the reset button for 5 to 10 seconds before it will start the reset process.

Is your Tiny tach the old model (1C or 2C) or the new type that allows adjustment for different engine types?

How do you know rpm with the dewald prop if the tach is not working?

What type of device are you using for the engine kick in or out?
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiny tach is new commercial model. It freezed yesterday. I didnt know that reset button has to be press that long, i'll try again, thanks!
    Engine kick in is measured with level against bottom and meter to anti cavitation plate. Measurement points 27cm apart.
    If you ment engine adjustment system, it is original.

Edit: Tiny tach new model has only select button visible but I found reset button under the front face sticker. There was also something like silicone, I dig it out and found reset button. Now it works again.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron hill cleaver 22mm below, 6mm tuck -> 49 mph @ 8200-8400 rpm
    It was very hard to get plane.. no porpoising and turns well.

WTB: proper prop

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dewald prop back, 22mm below, 6mm tuck. There was little weather change, winds now 2-3 m/s. Now it works well, no porpoising but speed was only 54 mph @ around 8000 rpm. On wetback this prop 63-64 mph @ 6200 rpm.
    Actually rpms was 7000-9000, so I assume there was too much slip on prop.

There is one four blade 7 @ 12" round ear prop on ebay, I'm thinking buying it. Would it work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jippe View Post
    Ron hill cleaver 22mm below, 6mm tuck -> 49 mph @ 8200-8400 rpm
    It was very hard to get plane.. no porpoising and turns well.

WTB: proper prop
    Way to may revs, get more pitch on that prop. When you reset the tack did you by chance upset the setting for the engine type and # of sparks per rev?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, settings are set to correct. I heard it from engine sounds that its slips and revs go up.. also lower speed reading is what it should be.

Thread Information