Down in the Depue thread there's an old black and white photo of a step hydro coming out of the pits. The engine on the transom is a Fifties-era Konig deflector B engine, and in asking for memories about those engines I mentioned that Turner was making replacement pistons for them. That got me to thinking about the outboard piston-makers and their history. The old-timers here could surely tell us a lot about Turner, Levandusky, somebody named Salih(sp?), Clyde Wiseman, Mahle, who else? Was Quincy casting their own pistons, or did they always get them from Levandusky? Did Konig have a supplier before he went with Mahle? Did Hubbell make pistons? If anybody remembers a lot of answers on this, maybe others than me would be interested.

Well that idea led to the thought that maybe there could be a stand-alone thread on "The Suppliers," or some-such, so we could talk about (and honor, because we owe them that) the aftermarket suppliers of parts, guys like Hubbell, Dick O'Dea, Leonard Keller, and such. Guys mostly working in their home shops, on their own manual lathes and mills and drillpresses, turning out parts for the tiny market of alky/mod/stock outboard racers. These individuals, past and present, deserve a place in the historical spotlight, and our thanks.