Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Moe Paulsen: WOA, COBRA Champions and Well Respected Boat Bacer from California

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moe Paulsen: WOA, COBRA Champions and Well Respected Boat Bacer from California

Moe was racing DX when I first met him. I was about 14, about 1957. My brother's future brother in law, John Cordes, raced DX against MOE. My brother hammered on Moe's prop and it became legendary fast. So, John Cordes came to my brother wanting him to help him beat Moe Paulsen. Part of the deal was that John got his sister to go out with my brother, Russ.

Moe was probably the second most famous WOA/COBRA driver on the west coast, next to McCullough Factory drive, Jack Oxley.

Moe broke his hip in a "Blow Over" at San Diego, September 1968, trying to beat a Factory Mercury driver, Bill Cooper. Moe's hip injury ended his racing career, but it never ended his love of boat racing. Moe was at just about ever big race over next 30 years. Moe's son, Ron, brought me a box of pictures today, 7/31/2014. I told him I didn't have time to post them all but I'd get the thread started.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-31-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moe's Twin Westbrook Hull and DX DeSilva

The kid between Moe and the queen in the top picture is Mike Murphy. The guy that invented the Air Chair Water Ski.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information