Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: OMC Timing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC Timing

I got an OMC "A" a couple of years ago. I have been running it as received. It has run pretty well but the class , ASR, is getting faster and faster. The motor was set up by Dan Schwartz so I have pretty much left it alone for obvious reasons. However due to Sidewinders, etc I would like to find a little more speed, so I am going through some things. Timing is one of them. How much advance do these motors do best at?

Also I have changed boats and would like to sell my old one. You guys and gals in Region 12 might consider because I know you are building the class. It is a ZCraft. It is in good condition. It is a very forgiving boat and easy to drive, perfect for a beginner. It is heavy so a driver in the 120 lb range would be perfect. It has a steering wheel but the rest of the hardware has been removed. $300. I can deliver to the Manteca race. I may also be selling my CSR ZCraft, I haven't yet for sure. I can email pictures.
    kk

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default info source

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Karl View Post
    I got an OMC "A" a couple of years ago. I have been running it as received. It has run pretty well but the class , ASR, is getting faster and faster. The motor was set up by Dan Schwartz so I have pretty much left it alone for obvious reasons. However due to Sidewinders, etc I would like to find a little more speed, so I am going through some things. Timing is one of them. How much advance do these motors do best at?

Also I have changed boats and would like to sell my old one. You guys and gals in Region 12 might consider because I know you are building the class. It is a ZCraft. It is in good condition. It is a very forgiving boat and easy to drive, perfect for a beginner. It is heavy so a driver in the 120 lb range would be perfect. It has a steering wheel but the rest of the hardware has been removed. $300. I can deliver to the Manteca race. I may also be selling my CSR ZCraft, I haven't yet for sure. I can email pictures.
    kk
    Look up, www.leeroysramblings.com.

This is a sight that has a total technical rundown and history on the 9.9-15 OMC outboards, as well as tech advice thereof. I believe this article may help although it is in reference to fishing models. It is an interesting read.

Thread Information