Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Xf-6

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great info guys! I wonder if there is anyone left around that could shed light on the whereabouts of the first 44. Or if it is lost to time.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure I know where the last one is and it's NOS, I also know of a NOS 6 cylinder block in the shipping box. Sorry, not telling on either... The owners may chime in.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

The last 44ci NOS has been mentioned on this site and on the quincylooper website. That's not secret, though I haven't heard from him (seen him post) in a long time now. Sent him an email actually a couple times. Anyway, did not know of the 6 cylinder NOS though. I wonder what will happen to some of these engines "hidden away" in the next 10 to 15 years? The ones that are not mentioned on the internet and spoken of only in passing. I hope they get passed on, at least, that is my wish.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately The motors that you hope will be saved most likely will not. There are not many as yourself that have a interest in Old Outboards much less race types. Look around, you will se old guy's with this stuff but very few young guy's. I have some flatheads but i have more Konig's. One is the only one left in the world. It is priceless to me, but when i turn toes up, Who gives a Rats *** about these old motors and their history. I could only hope that there is a place My stuff could be donated to for all to enjoy. Again if anyone cares. Also it would kill you to know of the motors that were traded in for Beer money as they were not useful for racing anymore. This is somewhat normal for race motors. Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Litzell View Post
    Unfortunately The motors that you hope will be saved most likely will not. There are not many as yourself that have a interest in Old Outboards much less race types. Look around, you will se old guy's with this stuff but very few young guy's. I have some flatheads but i have more Konig's. One is the only one left in the world. It is priceless to me, but when i turn toes up, Who gives a Rats *** about these old motors and their history. I could only hope that there is a place My stuff could be donated to for all to enjoy. Again if anyone cares. Also it would kill you to know of the motors that were traded in for Beer money as they were not useful for racing anymore. This is somewhat normal for race motors. Steve
    Sad, but true! Don't forget to vote today. I can't think of anything short of a medical emergency that could be more important!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I care about the older engines and the history there is almost nothing from my dads days left and what is left is in the hands of big collectors. I cannot start a museum but I can take stuff to aomci meets if I can get my hands on something affordable

Post Thanks / Like

Parts all together to send to Steve. He has to turn those blanks down among some other things. Can't wait.

Name:  d8e6a29b-7903-4d65-85ee-0c27b6b1751d_zpspyrynfc7.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  212.1 KB

Thread Information