Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xf-6

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately The motors that you hope will be saved most likely will not. There are not many as yourself that have a interest in Old Outboards much less race types. Look around, you will se old guy's with this stuff but very few young guy's. I have some flatheads but i have more Konig's. One is the only one left in the world. It is priceless to me, but when i turn toes up, Who gives a Rats *** about these old motors and their history. I could only hope that there is a place My stuff could be donated to for all to enjoy. Again if anyone cares. Also it would kill you to know of the motors that were traded in for Beer money as they were not useful for racing anymore. This is somewhat normal for race motors. Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Litzell View Post
    Unfortunately The motors that you hope will be saved most likely will not. There are not many as yourself that have a interest in Old Outboards much less race types. Look around, you will se old guy's with this stuff but very few young guy's. I have some flatheads but i have more Konig's. One is the only one left in the world. It is priceless to me, but when i turn toes up, Who gives a Rats *** about these old motors and their history. I could only hope that there is a place My stuff could be donated to for all to enjoy. Again if anyone cares. Also it would kill you to know of the motors that were traded in for Beer money as they were not useful for racing anymore. This is somewhat normal for race motors. Steve
    Sad, but true! Don't forget to vote today. I can't think of anything short of a medical emergency that could be more important!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I care about the older engines and the history there is almost nothing from my dads days left and what is left is in the hands of big collectors. I cannot start a museum but I can take stuff to aomci meets if I can get my hands on something affordable

Post Thanks / Like

Parts all together to send to Steve. He has to turn those blanks down among some other things. Can't wait.

Name:  d8e6a29b-7903-4d65-85ee-0c27b6b1751d_zpspyrynfc7.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  212.1 KB

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve is the Best!

Post Thanks / Like

I am still looking for a set of large flared exhausts either 2 or 4 (preferably 6 in total). I have the earlier style to trade straight up or we can work something out. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BJuby View Post
    I am still looking for a set of large flared exhausts either 2 or 4 (previously 6 in total). I have the earlier style to trade straight up or we can work something out. Thanks
    Email me [email]rkaustin6@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to post these. Steve opened up the ports the way the "good ol' boys" would have done back in the day after receiving from Quincy. He has matched up the midcase and front as well. The bores are standard and only needed a kiss from the hone. It doesn't matter really as I sent him 4 Stan Levendusky blanks, he can match them to whatever size he wants.

Post Thanks / Like

After beating that b**** cancer, Steve is working along on this engine along with eventually 3 others of mine. Reportedly he is ready for test fitting. More updates to follow.

P.S. Since I have been invited to the Depue Reunion, if there is time for us to get on the water, I may run this engine along side a certain 6 cylinder looper. Could be quite a show

Post Thanks / Like

If you would quit sending things to Steve, I may have my 66" Looper at DePue...

J-Dub

Thread Information