Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xf-6

Post Thanks / Like

Some progress on the 44 Looper. Planing on running this with other F loopers in July in Depue, IL

Post Thanks / Like

I know J-Dub has hid dad's FA-1 Quincy motor but how many serial number 1 Quincy motors are accounted for ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan1 View Post
    I know J-Dub has hid dad's FA-1 Quincy motor but how many serial number 1 Quincy motors are accounted for ?
    According to the Quincy Looper serial number list I have put together on this website there is only one serial #1 engine known to exist. It is as you said owned by J-Dub; FA-1.

There IS however the first produced 6 cylinder looper owned by Dick Austin. This motor does not have a serial number, but would not have been #1 anyway as the first "F-Class" Quincy Looper was a 44ci engine. Best guess is that it is either XF-2, XF-3, or XF-4, but again was never given a serial number so those numbers may have been taken by 44ci engines. I know this because both XF-5 and XF-6 are accounted for and are 44ci loopers. The next, XF-7 is the second produced 6 cylinder looper and is also owned by Dick Austin.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any hope that others exist or is there knowledge of them being scrapped? Paul probably knows the original owners but following the paper trail could be fun !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Last weeks progress on my XF engines. I hope to have the 44 powerhead done by this weekend. Anyone have a set of 44 head gaskets???

Name:  20160227_182219.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  36.7 KB
    Name:  20160229_195414.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  38.4 KB
    Name:  20160229_211051.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  37.8 KB
    Name:  20160306_152354.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  36.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

There is certainly hope that some of the other number 1s could exist. I add one more engine every other month or so. I know of a couple 2 cylinders and a 40ci, but the guy never gets back to me about the serial numbers, so those haven't been added yet. Just added a B looper to the list a couple weeks ago. But to answer the other part of your question, unless someone who owned one and documented the number or knows it personally was scrapped there is no way to know. The important ones (the 6s) I know that one of the two 66ci engines made from billet was destroyed (blown up). I think it could be safe to say that there could be around 20 total more (of various classes) sitting around the country that their serial numbers have not yet been recorded, but who knows, maybe I have most of them in my list and there is only a handful more.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the 66? Can you send me or post a picture of the porting on the block?

Post Thanks / Like

The 66 is at Dr. Litzell's getting new sleeves.

Post Thanks / Like

There is also another six out there that has no numbers for a serial....... simply stamped "GENE EAST"......
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Well the 44ci is assembled and ready for shipping back to us. Of course Steve had to get sick and was unable to send it out yesterday!

Thread Information