Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Marchetti Race Boat Decal Logos

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marchetti Race Boat Decal Logos

It is my understanding Marchetti boats were made in 2 locations. What I have heard is Nick started off making the boats in his basement in Bristol, PA.. His son, Pat, then made the boats in Clarksboro, NJ.

As I understand it, there were 2 different logos for the 2 locations. I have seen the Clarksboro Logo and but never the logo for Nick's Bristol, PA location. The intention of the questions to follow is I am wanting to locate the correct decal for this boat or have one made and so far, I have little to nothing to work with. I do have a small reproduction decal for the Clarksboro location that I believe was used on the later style boats near the transom. Most of the early style boats have seen pictures of have a larger decal across the front of the cab on the boat.

Does anyone know what year the transition was made from Bristol to Clarksboro?

Does anyone have any pictures of either build location logos for the larger cab decal with some overall length and width dimensions?

Last question for now...What kind of decals were applied to the boats: a one piece type decal with a "clear backing" and the logo printed on the clear backing or a cutout type decal with no backing.

Any info will help put the finishing touches on this restoration job for this Marchetti boat. Been a few years in the making, but well worth the wait.

Doug S.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I never heard of a shop in Clarksboro, NJ. Somebody around before I was, like John Schubert may know when the Bristol, PA location started up and the decal was the spread wings on the cowling. I'm pretty sure all those were cutout. I'm not absolutely sure of the date, but I think it was in 1970 that the Marchetti's moved to Lakeland, Florida. I was at their shop then, but did not take any pictures. In 1972 I switched over to Butts Aerowing, and while I remained friends with Nick and Pat, I did not keep up with where they were making their boats. I know they were still making them in the mid 70's and maybe Pat moved back up north to New Jersey, but I had never heard that before. I don't recall every seeing any decal near the transom, but I got out in 1981, so maybe there were some from those days. I think Tim Chance did a feature on the Marchetti's in one of his issues of Hydroplane Quarterly after they moved to Florida. I'll see if there's any info for you there. This photo gives kind of an idea of the dimensions. I'll see if I can find one with more detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

If you look here: http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...1648-fbref5269 ....Frank is a member here. A few years back he asked me if I could provide him with a high res. pic of the Clarksboro logo. I used to race one of Pat's boats and still have one of his decals on the front of my tool box. Anyways.....Frank took the logo and had some really cool t shirts made. Perhaps he still has the logo? If not, I could take a pic and send it to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link for the t shirts Frank had made.....Still have mine! http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...hetti-t-shirts

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff,

Franks PM inbox is full so a message cannot be sent. I will send one to you.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, when did Pat move to Clarksboro and start making boats there? What do they look like.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff,

I spoke with Frank this morning following up on the info you provided. Frank seems to be a great guy and is willing to help with this project. Thank you for the contact info and bridging the introduction. I will share pics of what I come up with once it is done.

Doug S.

Thread Information