Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multi Cyl into one exp chamber

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

800 etec sled twin is 175hp I think buts thats with a ex valves and single chamber, sea doos have less power, no ex valves so more inline with an outboard but the jet still makes life easier for them.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Back --WAY back--when I was building custom expansion chambers, a guy brought me his 440 Yamaha with one request: Make that sucker fly! It seems he had a neighbor's hot Artic Cat was just a bit faster, and that was intolerable!

The Yammy had a two into one expansion chamber (factory) that ended in a huge muffler. I made him two chambers for it with stinger mufflers, and I made them for top end power only. The result was it was a dog getting "on plane" (so to speak), but when that sucker hit the power band---whooh doggie! He blew that guy's cowling off, but it took a ton of spring work on the clutch to get it to rev a lot higher before ratioing up.

I also built a triple set of chambers for a guy with a "water Buffalo" (750 Suzuki) road bike that he made into a chopper. It was a real challenge to get all three nestled in there without them dragging on the road, but... Sounded insane as he roared off!

Ah, memories...

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

Thread Information