Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 56er six pack build

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fred, What do you expect will happen when you raise the boost ports to the same height as transfer ports? Will that change the power curve upward? Will it help top end HP, but hurt bottom end?

Thanks,

Thom

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

just short of the side transfer ports, i think it helps the curve through the mid range to the top. side transfers, finger ports, then .050 -.060 down, boost port opens

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Fred. Sounds like the way to go.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What's going on with the build Fred? Been a while, just wondering.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

doin research, talked to some dudes down under, see what they are runnin, lookin for long rod pistons on this planet, none. chuckin out cranks lookin for a nice one. did find some one to machine finger ports and fit new pistons, sorting through what makes HP,and what does not. it's out to be machined in about a week...................

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, working on one also, not thinking of doing much to it maybe raise the ports a bit next to the bridge and maybe widen them a tad like you showed us in the past, I found another Stinger the other day, picked it up for $500, I don't know if it runs or not but I don't care, It's a good parts motor, I come across a lot of old 55 HP but the 75 are getting harder to come by.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speaking about cranks

I found a crank from an old 55hp Electric shift engine some time ago. I noticed that it has a portion next to the flywheel taper is machined to three cams will this work in my 56ci block together with the stock -92 flywheel?
    And equally interesting will the rods fit?
    I have been told earlier that all 3-cyl cranks are interchangeable but would like to double check this again.

Name:  20150404_103832.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  120.1 KB

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a cast crank, i would not run that me self, it should fit, but i'm not sure how the it will like new style ignition , as far at ive ever seen, all 56ers came stock with a forged crank, heavier but stronger than cast..............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    that is a cast crank, i would not run that me self, it should fit, but i'm not sure how the it will like new style ignition , as far at ive ever seen, all 56ers came stock with a forged crank, heavier but stronger than cast..............
    OK, I know you are spinning your Engines hard but would you considder a cast crank for some thing not meant to spin higher than 6500 or so RPM? 4-spline 56ci cranks are not easy to find here either I see an input shaft adapter in near future, Think I can locate a donator shaft for it

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That rust on the taper will cause a problem holding the flywheel, you need to get that polished.

Thread Information