Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 56er six pack build

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

first problem to over come is the bracket, ,
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fred, do you know where I can buy a intake manifold for the angled mod 50 front half? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    first problem to over come is the bracket, ,
    Hey Fred - Do you have that block sitting on a 49ci adapter plate for mocking it up or a 56? Not sure how much extra you need but if it's sitting on the 49 plate now, you'll gain about 5/16" clearance if you run a stock style 56ci adapter plate... Only reason I say that is from the pics it looks too short to be a 56 plate
    Critchfield 15" 56ci OMC
    RapidCraft Cyclone 15" 56ci OMC

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fred do you have anymore straight fronts ?
    Who aint addicted to fast boats.....

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

i would think Sea way would have some on the shelf. you can buy this one but you have to take the whole thing, when i'm done. with my standard warranty witch reads " you buy it you own it , no matter what it brings, and this agreement stands no matter of law ect.............

goin to change the bracket

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a bit early do you have any plans on porting and the cast in exhaust passages? I'm interested in how this turns out.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

it's not to early, it's best to have a plan. i will install the Straight-in port map. the exhaust will stand as it is. i've heard of Dyno tails of 115hp out of an SST 60 with stock carbs and no finger ports. not seein it. 110-115 hp is were i think she will end up, not seein the sst60 makin more than 100hp with finger ports............

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

see about puttin a copy of that map up, then yous can in stall it in one of your own

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    see about puttin a copy of that map up, then yous can in stall it in one of your own
    Would be nice to see that. Fred, you mentioned before about 2 barrel carbs being different for a mod 50 than carbs off an engine that feeds 2 cylinders like a V4 or v6. Other than jetting, and linkages, what would be different in making a v4 and v6 carb work in that application? I have 3 carbs here that look like the ones in your pics that I'd like to use on a similar project. Not sure what they were originally from but they were pulled off a 49.7 that someone had modified.

Kevin
    Critchfield 15" 56ci OMC
    RapidCraft Cyclone 15" 56ci OMC

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

the throttle plates are different, one cyl carbs only have the slot at the bottom of the plate. it will idle at like 7000rpms with "V" carb plates.
    the main nozzle is also different, the older Mod50 carbs had a smaller center hole in the main nozzle, newer mod50 carbs have a jet in the bottom of the nozzle
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information