Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1257
Size:  208.4 KB
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, crewman060 liked this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brandon. We had computer failure yesterday due to surge protector or a number of factors, and this morning they kept going off and on. I think I must have punched a wrong button. Anyway, I have two new surge protectors, but my son-in-law says I need to plug them into the backup battery rather than direct to the wall plugs like they were. I might have done something to prevent my pictures from being downloaded during all of this. Tomorrow I will try some more pic on another thread like Lone Star or Random Shots to see what happens.

I have some photos of some of the recently purchased motors that are now in the hands of the buyers and are being renovated. You have the numbers already posted.

Likes crewman060 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have FY 20 a stock 20H conversion.
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out
    Likes Karen Cadle liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In latest purchase Alan & I acquired FB 193 along with a few other looper parts. This engine is on 20H conversion mid section
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Post Thanks / Like

Added

Post Thanks / Like

I added 2 B loopers, 1 C looper, and 1 44ci looper to the list.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what happened to the website. Maybe I missed a posting, but this thread is no longer stickied and I had a heck of a time finding it buried. Nonetheless. I have added some new serial numbers to the list. As of now. There are far more "B" Quincy Loopers known than any other class of Loopers.

Post Thanks / Like

Just added 7 more Loopers to the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Got another one located for you to add Brandon. FA 188. It is currently in possession of Jim Trimble's cousin John from Springfield, Illinois. I forget John's last name. He raced some with Jim back in the 70's. The motor belonged to Jim's wife Mary, formerly Mary Barto who raced out of DePue. The motor needed some ignition work after they went to the CD ignition used on loopers, and finally Mary told Jim "Let's just give it to John" instead of messing with trying to find parts to fix it. Mary got the looper from her cousin Manuel Martinez, who I think is Marty Martinez whom I first met at DePue pitting with Tim Butts. Tim had his first picklefork boat there and my Dad and I first got acquainted with both Tim and Marty. They were both running loopers. Mary doesn't know if Manuel was the original owner or bought it from someone else. I will call Paul Christner to see what he knows.

Post Thanks / Like

I called Paul this morning. He had already read the thread earlier, and when I gave him a ring he said, "Hold on. Let me go get my book" I waited on him and when he got back to the phone he said "FA 188....Guess who this was!" I said, "Tim Butts" Surprised...Paul said "How the he11 did you know?" I proceeded to tell him that Mary had told Jim she got it from her cousin Manuel Martinez. I had already figured out the connection and when I talked to Joe this morning he said "Marty got that motor from Tim" I asked him how he knew, and did he ever meet Marty. Joe thought he had met Marty many years later, but it was over the years of talking with Tim, and he and Tim almost neighbors in Houston for some years that Joe knew Marty from the friendship Tim had talked about. Joe, Jim, Paul and I (and I suppose Mary...didn't talk to her) all got a kick out of tracking the ownership down in such a short time. Jim and Mary are snowbound (59 degrees below at this time....well it warmed up to 29 the last time I talked to him) so they were very happy to have something like this enlighten their day. To top it off, Paul tells me that this was the last looper Tim bought, and that is was when Tim had built and was developing his first Aerowing.

Thread Information