Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Formula 3 & Evinrude fr 31-m

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

make sure the power head gets to a runnin temp, or she will bog down.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good to hear from you sorry for your trouble's maybe you have all the bugs out let us know how it goes
    13 ft allison
    14 ft allison
    15 ft allison molds
    16 ft allison
    17ft tin fisher marine
    (life is hard even harder if your stupid)
    JOHN WAYNE

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 cyl OMC

Quote Originally Posted by Tokate View Post
    Hello guys long time no see !

The summer with F3 didnt go very well.. I managed to drive it couple of times but every time something was wrong.
    On the first test a trim system didnt work properly so I needed to test drive without it. Here's a video from the first test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2IlN9TiPts

On the second test our fuel pump broke and it might have damaged our other engine. I need to find out what's wrong with the powerhead. And on top of everything the tunnel of the boat cracked while pulling the boat on trailer.

But now the boat itself is fixed and the trim system should work now. So next step is to open up the engine and test out the other powerhead.

I also find out an interesting information according to my boat. It holds the finnish speed record at 157km/h (97.5mph). The record was set in 1991.
    When I was over at the OMC factory in Brugge testing boats before going to race events my old teamate John Hill would go out and test his OMC 3 cyl outfit and in race trim he would be doing 96mph this was in 1977.

Thread Information