Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mike Bockenfeld RIP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mike Bockenfeld RIP

Boat racing lost one of it's best fans this week. I first met Mike when we were both teenagers. I worked in the pits for his cousin Don Bockenfeld when I was 17 and Mike was 16.

When most teenage boys were playing baseball, Mike was going to boat races. Mike live 3 miles from Q.W. and often walked to the shop to hob-knob with boat racers.

Mike could tell you the name of every boat racer, his wife's name and how many kids they had.

For many years Mike was the P.A. voice for the St. Louis based Outboard Drivers Association (ODA), the fore runner of NBRA.

Those of us who knew Mike will miss him. Rest in peace Mike. You have earned a place at Lake Paradise!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    Boat racing lost one of it's best fans this week. I first met Mike when we were both teenagers. I worked in the pits for his cousin Don Bockenfeld when I was 17 and Mike was 16.

When most teenage boys were playing baseball, Mike was going to boat races. Mike live 3 miles from Q.W. and often walked to the shop to hob-knob with boat racers.

Mike could tell you the name of every boat racer, his wife's name and how many kids they had.

For many years Mike was the P.A. voice for the St. Louis based Outboard Drivers Association (ODA), the fore runner of NBRA.

Those of us who knew Mike will miss him. Rest in peace Mike. You have earned a place at Lake Paradise!
    Gene,
    Your right about guys like Mike. I have a couple of friends that were always at our races, would do what ever you asked, go get stuff from the parts store, lift boats or whatever. Thanks GUYS for all the help for a lot of years.
    Bruce

Thread Information