Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 cycle oils

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maxima 927

We use Maxima 927 in all our pre-mix (can't be used in injector systems) engines (outboard, PWC, Motocross). We have chosen this oil for several reasons 1) Wear has always been less than any same ratio synthetics or petroleums at tear down. 2) Flash temp is 480 compared to 240-290 with synthetics, meaning the oil will not begin to burn until 480 degrees 3) Has very good anti-corrosion additives for marine use as other castor based oils don't seem to be good in this area. 4) Is biodegradeable, yes tree huggers will thank you 5) Smells ooh so much better than anything else.

Last year in the 1liter modified inboard hydro class running a Yamaha GPR1200based engine turning 7500-8,200 rpm's, we ran 24:1 927 mix w/C16 all year with no teardowns. At the end of the season, we tore the engine down and the crankshaft had virtually no wear. We cleaned it up and put it back together with new pistons and sold the motor to our competition who shelved it so no one else would run it...he did win national high points this year.

For more info www.maximausa.com

Just my 2 cents

Trey

Post Thanks / Like

The flash point for Klotz's synthetic is 460º
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ok you have my attention

any one have any input on powermist fuels and oils ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maxima 927

This is great stuff!! 3 years of racing on my VRP 250 (Hydro) and not one stuck piston. It is easy to clean, because the castor has been de-gummed.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, what's this about engines running synthetic oils not needing storage-seal treatment for the winter. I have been fogging all my fishing motors, chainsaws, weedeaters, and anything else that is stored in an unheated shed. But I've never used synthetics. Maybe you can teach an old dog a new trick. Is there a website with more info on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smittythewelder
    Joe, what's this about engines running synthetic oils not needing storage-seal treatment for the winter. I have been fogging all my fishing motors, chainsaws, weedeaters, and anything else that is stored in an unheated shed. But I've never used synthetics. Maybe you can teach an old dog a new trick. Is there a website with more info on this?

Some info I've gotten from the websites indicate if they're good for storage. Klotz R-50 and some others that I've read indicate they are

http://klotzlube.com/tech/KL-102.pdf
    Sean Byrne
    69R 169R

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone in or around the Seattle area know of any Klotz dealers? Central Washington would even be closer for me. I'd like to avoid the shipping if I could
    Sean Byrne
    69R 169R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H
    The flash point for Klotz's synthetic is 460º

Sam, sounds like you use Klotz. On their site they recommend 20:1 to 32:1 for 2 stoke gas mix. Most guys I've talked to say they use 24:1. I'll be using it with a Yamato 80. What would you recommend?
    Sean Byrne
    69R 169R

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty,
    The container of Klotz oil says right on it, that you do not need to use fogging oils if using the product. Remember, synthetics have adhesion properties, which means the oil sticks to the parts, which is why you do not need fogging oils. If you are using conventional oils, you would want to use fogging oils before putting your motors away for the winter. Conventional oils do not stick to the parts of the engine.

Sean,
    I order my Klotz right from the manufactorer as there is no dealer close to me. I usually order two gallons at a time to make the shipping worth while. This will last me two or more seasons, depending on how many classes I race that season.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

My avatar picture is complements of Fred Eckert. 1997 Hinton, WV Nationals Thundermug 20-H Runabout.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Silvestri 36-S
    Smitty,
    The container of Klotz oil says right on it, that you do not need to use fogging oils if using the product. Remember, synthetics have adhesion properties, which means the oil sticks to the parts, which is why you do not need fogging oils. If you are using conventional oils, you would want to use fogging oils before putting your motors away for the winter. Conventional oils do not stick to the parts of the engine.

Sean,
    I order my Klotz right from the manufactorer as there is no dealer close to me. I usually order two gallons at a time to make the shipping worth while. This will last me two or more seasons, depending on how many classes I race that season.
    2gal's will last you 2 seasons???? Joe, you need to race more!!!!!!

2gal's will only last me about 5-6 races!!!! Let's see, I go through about 10gal's of gas per race weekend.......man, I gotta cut back!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Thread Information