Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speed boat simulator in development

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Speed boat simulator in development

Hi, folks. I'm developing a speed boat simulator that some people here might find interesting:

More information and videos here:

http://speedboatsim.com

While it's not for sale and there's no demo yet, hopefully in the next few months I'll have something people with a decent gaming rig can try for free and buy at a reasonable price.

I'd love to get some feedback from you guys. Let me know what you think, you might even influence how it develops! Feel free to leave comments and questions in this thread or on the web site itself.

Mods: If this isn't the right forum for this, let me know and I'll delete and repost this somewhere else (or you can just move it as you see fit). I figured the "general boating discussion" might be as good a place as any.

Post Thanks / Like

very cool- great work-love it

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've created a forum at the site for discussion on the speedboat simulator: http://www.performancesimulations.co...oat-simulator/

I'm new to the forum software so am not sure how it works yet, but it looks like you might be able to sign up and subscribe to the forum so you're notified upon the simulator's release.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just need to change the motor sound to Two stroke sound or change the motor on boat. Four cyle sounds on a out board sound funky, Steve

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree. Thanks for saying so.

It's tough to find suitable samples and very expensive to record a specific engine. Ideally I'd go for a Merc 300XS, but we couldn't manage to find one to record.

I've got one other sample that's a four cylinder, still a four stroke but it might at least sound a bit closer to an outboard if it's sped up to the proper frequency. One of these days I'll make a comparison video with both sounds and let people chime on which one they prefer. If the sound guy ever locates a proper engine and it can be recorded for the right price, I'd replace this one and save it for other boat types.

Thread Information