Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 31.8 CI Evinrude vs Military Evinrude/Johnson MARS 35hp late model.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 31.8 CI Evinrude vs Military Evinrude/Johnson MARS 35hp late model.

Team,

I hope all is well.

I am aware of the 35hp OMC up til 1985 then they rated to 30hp because of rating at the prop instead of the flywheel. I am aware of the carb difference between 35/30/25hp thanks to the fine folks here on this website. I owe my education of the 31.8 CI OMC engines to you guys and I am thankful.

My question pertains to the late model 1995-2005 Johnson Enforcer MARS military engine. It has the dewatering system in place and some came with durajet.

My question is how did they get 35hp out of the 31.8 CI block recently. I have a feeling they did something extra for the military and I would like to know what it is. These are different from the 1980s 35hp engines.

Any thoughts or insights?

Here is a serial number for one that I found on the internet.

Military amphibious reconnaissance system) AML 35D/ NSN-H2B05-01-267-5047 /serial #-G 03292002.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj18oLFxm5w

http://www.wordy.photos/index.php?ke...20+inch+tiller

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The military has equipment rated their way (traditional instead of general consumer specs). It is the same output as the 35 or later 30 hp. The Mars is a stealthy outboard that has a special sound muffling engine cover. It also has a very sound ignition design that is water proof. The engine is also set up so that water can be removed from within the engine and started by positioning and spinning over a few times after being submerged for up to, or over a week, even if it was in sea water. That's about it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Any way to look at the parts catalog for that engine. I could not find it vs the traditional shop evinrude site.

Thread Information