I read out here that there is another member out here with an Aquarius with a 50 tldi running a 11X18 hill cleaver so I ended up buying one.
I can only 5100 rpm at neutral trim. I can trim the motor out more and get 5200-5300 but the angle is excessive IMO.
With only being able to go 1" on pitching, cutting diameter obviously is my only option ?
If I were to try to reduce diameter would the proper way be to follow the original radius to point B, all the way to the root or stop around point A and contour it from that point ? Also will this totally mess up the blade geometry and would pitch be affected?
"assuming" it really is an 18 and get it repitched to 17 and remove 1/4" at a time is it feasible to make this prop work ?

The boat is an Aquarius 50 TLDI 15" with prop shaft about 5mm above hijacker centerline - A whopping 43mph was best I could get monkeying around hydraulic trim.
I did raise the motor one hole up and was able to get 5500 with trim jacked out but having the large tldi motor bracket I'm not comfortable with that mass up so high on transom and would rather put it back at the 5 mm setting... Maybe it's just me but I would rather keep the CG low (yes plenty of pisser water coming out).

Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  130.9 KB