Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaver cutting

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 59905
    I thought about trying to go even higher but as you can see that thing is waay up there and stress to the transom is my concern. Mind you the TLDI has the big motor bracket but the dimension from the "hook" of the clamp should not be different than a manual trim as we measure shaft length from hook to cav plate.
    You may notice too that my transom is built up 2" - The person I bought the setup from tried to make a 20' shaft setup and even with that the motor was way low. The powerhead height was just too weird up high for my taste and probably one of the reasons APBA will never allow a 20" to race.
    I found a 15" Nissan 40 tldi for $300 and dropped the powerhead on it - talk about night and day in general with handling and feel!
    At this point I think it's time to have the prop scanned to see what it really is and go from there, I didn't want to send it out right away without testing as they have a 2 week back log.

Post Thanks / Like

How much to scan prop + 2 way ship?

I have a relatively easy and inexpensive way to measure pitch along the radius and at any radius on the blade. If interested PM me for my email and for Ho To make the simple device. Certainly not equal to a digital scan to map the entire blade surface but good enough to see where you are at. Been doing this since my APBA hydro race days back in the 1970's for relative comparisons between props.
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't go cutting that prop mate, your TLDI should easily spin 11x18p to the limiter when set up right.
    As Jake said you need to raise the motor until you find a sweet spot, test different heights and write down your results

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking that as well. As the carpenter says: "You can cut it shorter, but you can't cut it longer!"

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

Thread Information