Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Critchfield Setup

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Critchfield Setup

Could anyone help me figure out what exact prop i need to put my critchfield 13 feet with a 60 sst motor with 185psi on each cylinder... I would like to have fast speeds but in short courses and I good take off the hole! Please really need some help!

Post Thanks / Like

12-12.5 x23 cleaver...tough to find good ones these days...can get a brand new one from Titus but they aren't cheap but they do perform really well. If you can find a good used 12.5 x23 that hasn't been worked much send it to Todd or Thom at Hydromotive Engineering in Ohio, they will work a sweet prop for you. Hydromotive have a dominate Ally and Critchfield that circle race in Canada.

With a 185lb sst60 you should see close to 8k with a 23, will need to run 72-73 jets (depending where you live) with some race fuel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Excellent Advice 12-12.5 X 23 Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCharger View Post
    12-12.5 x23 cleaver...tough to find good ones these days...can get a brand new one from Titus but they aren't cheap but they do perform really well. If you can find a good used 12.5 x23 that hasn't been worked much send it to Todd or Thom at Hydromotive Engineering in Ohio, they will work a sweet prop for you. Hydromotive have a dominate Ally and Critchfield that circle race in Canada.

With a 185lb sst60 you should see close to 8k with a 23, will need to run 72-73 jets (depending where you live) with some race fuel
    Signature Propellers make several propellers that have worked well, also. We make many propellers in this size range. Most of our propellers seem to end up down SOUTH, up North, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Brazil ...Tim Hackney of Performance Propellers in Soddy-Diasy, Tennessee has do some tuning on Signature Propellers with good results.

Mitch Hardee like the 12 1/2 X 22 big blade cleaver. Our cleaver feature a removable hub.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-11-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jeff Brown SE World Champion Propeller

A few years back when I was getting into these type props, a good friend sent me six old OMC Propellers. They were well used, and were all very different, even though they were all OMC propellers. One had Jeff Brown's name on it and is said SE World Championship Propeller on it. I knew Jeff worked for Flagship Marine in Florida, so I called him. I told him I had a prop with his name one it and could he describe it. He said, It would be about 12 1/2 X 23, but had been made out of 25 OMC prop, that had had 15 splines, but Don Hindrich (DAH>) did was bore the spline out and press in a 13 spline brass piece. I asked Jeff if he mined me calling the prop a Jeff Brown. He said he didn't think anyone knew Jeff Brown anymore and he said he'd be happy to a propeller named after him.

This is a Jeff Brown three blade over the hub and a Jeff Brown 4 blade thru hub. Signature 12 5/8 X 22 Thur Hub. $350 plus shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-11-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    Likes hydrospeed77 liked this post

Thread Information